Cannot connect new SIII to home router (linksys wrt54g)

bar99

Reaction score
I am new to the world of smartphones. I have a new Galaxy SIII. It is a remarkable device and I like it. I am able to connect wi-fi to other networks but at home, I cannot land a wi-fi connection my router. It is an older model linksys wrt54g. I have upgraded the firmware. No luck. Did a reset. No luck. I have tried numerous configurations and I cannot connect at home. It's kind of important in that I want to keep my 4G data usage down and I would rather not have to go out and buy a new router. I have to believe that I am not the only person out there with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on how I should proceed? Thanks.

ittybitty

Reaction score
Galaxy SIII Home Wi-Fi Connection

I am new to the world of smartphones. I have a new Galaxy SIII. It is a remarkable device and I like it. I am able to connect wi-fi to other networks but at home, I cannot land a wi-fi connection my router. It is an older model linksys wrt54g. I have upgraded the firmware. No luck. Did a reset. No luck. I have tried numerous configurations and I cannot connect at home. It's kind of important in that I want to keep my 4G data usage down and I would rather not have to go out and buy a new router. I have to believe that I am not the only person out there with this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips on how I should proceed? Thanks.

I was having this same problem and found out that all I needed to do was disable the MAC address list and it connected immediately. Have you tried disabling that feature in your router?

Caesars

Reaction score
Aye if you're using a Mac filter, disable :).

Googorola MAXX

jimk75

Reaction score
wirreless trouble

i had this problem. i also tried to use the push button WEP. It would not connect. I had to do it manually with WEP PIN. Go to your network adapter on your computer and check the box to see the characters in your key. enter it in the phone and it should be okay.

reybie

Reaction score
Also check wpa and wpa2, some have trouble with wpa2.

Valvoline

Reaction score
i have this old router also. my connection is fine, however the router is suck. needs a reboot every few days or so.

LeonBlurry

Reaction score
You should disable the Media Access Control (MAC) address and see if that works. If problem persists then I suggest you contact to Linksys Router Technical Support. I had issues with opening websites with my wifi router. They helped me by telling me to reduce the MTU values in multiples of 10. That helped me. I had wasted many days to solve that issue.