Anybody not happy with 3.8.7?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Is there a post that tells how to do a factory-reset? I'd do it right now - but, you guessed it, I need to recharge first

Go into settings: privacy. Option for factory data reset is in there.

sent from somewhere...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is there a post that tells how to do a factory-reset? I'd do it right now - but, you guessed it, I need to recharge first

If you applied the update while your phone was rooted, you'll probably have to do a SBF flash in addition to a factory reset in order to get everything running smoothly. When the update is applied properly, everything runs so much better on the phone. It's finally just about to where it should have been upon release.

zenivzen

Reaction score
battery life is well. i think it was rocket girl who asked about the motorola extended battery. i recommend it. having the inability to read a battery is frustration galore. still having issues with random reboots since the updates. i run launcherpro and get good results with movement through screens. still wish for a truly random shuffle with any music player but doesn't seem like the update hit there. exchange is very good with touchdown. sometimes my phone receives it before my desktop, which is networked to the server at work. that's something. sorry for the mind dump, but whatever.

Western

Reaction score
Rather than continue to pull my hair out, I followed kjjb0204's lead and did a factory reset. Phone was unrooted when the update hit so I didn't need to bother with sbf. Although I expexted major pain with the reset, I had used the VZ backup and all my apps came back. I can snyc with my office Exchange server without a problem. Battery life seems to be better (only losing 10-15%/hour rather than 20-25% before) with the std. Motorola battery. Although it sounds rather harsh, I recommend the factory reset if all other remedies fail.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
battery life is well. i think it was rocket girl who asked about the motorola extended battery. i recommend it. having the inability to read a battery is frustration galore. still having issues with random reboots since the updates. i run launcherpro and get good results with movement through screens. still wish for a truly random shuffle with any music player but doesn't seem like the update hit there. exchange is very good with touchdown. sometimes my phone receives it before my desktop, which is networked to the server at work. that's something. sorry for the mind dump, but whatever.

Yep, that was me. Getting better results w/ Motorola extended battery (@15-is hrs) than with 3400mhAz Mugen extended battery (shows 12-hr life but phone does low power shutdown even sooner than that. Wondering whether I could have gotten a counterfeit Mugen (says it is 'for Driod Pro' rather than Droid Pro.). Seems like expensive garbage so far to me!!!! On business trip now, with 3 batteries (Motorola stock: Motorola extendedb Mugen) and 2 chargers. swapping at least once during the day. Grrrrrr...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Yep, that was me. Getting better results w/ Motorola extended battery (@15-is hrs) than with 3400mhAz Mugen extended battery (shows 12-hr life but phone does low power shutdown even sooner than that. Wondering whether I could have gotten a counterfeit Mugen (says it is 'for Driod Pro' rather than Droid Pro.). Seems like expensive garbage so far to me!!!! On business trip now, with 3 batteries (Motorola stock: Motorola extendedb Mugen) and 2 chargers. swapping at least once during the day. Grrrrrr...

Mugen and Seidio batteries never last as long as they should considering how large they say they are. There's been a lot of talk about how honest their claims are on the size of the batteries. OEM's come the closest to meeting expectations in that regard. The Motorola extended battery for the Pro is a must. It makes a world of difference with adding much bulk to the phone. Since the update, I'm able to go two days on a single charge with the extended battery.

tennvol

Reaction score
I carry 2 extended OEM batteries with me to get me through the day. After the update my battery life is shorter by over a hour and the phone is buggy.!

OP
G

google123

Reaction score
Hey peeps how the hell do I get the new update to quit asking me to install?? I don't want it!!!!!! I'm perfectly happy with 2.60. Getting tired of having that stupid pop-up every 12 hrs or so asking me to install the latest update. Afraid, if I don't click it on time, its gonna install while I'm asleep.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will.

It will never stop.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Hey peeps how the hell do I get the new update to quit asking me to install?? I don't want it!!!!!! I'm perfectly happy with 2.60. Getting tired of having that stupid pop-up every 12 hrs or so asking me to install the latest update. Afraid, if I don't click it on time, its gonna install while I'm asleep.

I'm not really sure. Most of the times I've blocked OTA updates, it's been ROM-based. We don't really have a developer community that works on things like that.

Just be careful putting it off. If for some odd reason it does up and install on its own and you're rooted (and if you've removed/frozen any Verizon-installed apps), you're likely to experience a lot of problems.

Last edited:

kjjb0204

Reaction score

You must be rooted, then you can find the otacerts.zip file using Astro or Root Exporer and rename that file. Once that's done, you will not get ota update notifications any longer.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Not sure if this is related or not, but on a few occasions since upgrading, I've had times when a number of widgets have just disappeared from my screens. Clocks, calendars, timers, etc, are just gone. Some icons to apps are still there but most are gone. I panicked the first time but just rebooted my phone and everything was back to normal. Has happened a few times since I upgraded a few weeks ago, but I have no idea if it's related or not, since I also upgraded my SD card around the same time....

OP
G

google123

Reaction score

You must be rooted, then you can find the otacerts.zip file using Astro or Root Exporer and rename that file. Once that's done, you will not get ota update notifications any longer.

Nice!!! will try that...then I can just rename it back for the next time another OTA update is released and I DO want to apply it right???

SDGuy

Reaction score
Old bug not fixed and now I have a new bug?

I always had the bug where the e-mail icon at the upper left does not appear if I last left the phone with the universal inbox open on the phone. I could have 10 emails arrive and the red "@" icon never appears in the upper left. This was not fixed unfortunately in the latest update.

I now have a new bug where an incoming email is completely blank if there was no message but an attachment was included. The page is completely blank and there is therefore no way to open the attachment. The only way to see the attachment is to forward the "blank" email and then the attachment shows up and is openable in the unsent "forwarded" email.

Anyone else experience these?