Anybody else ready to kick their Bionic to the curb?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by nkkojak, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    For sure, and if you're looking for simplicity like that, then definitely take it. Personally I use different SD cards for different things and switch them out fairly often so removable storage is almost essential for me. Trust me, if anyone knows only those with problems post it's me, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem. People are having those complaints, but if your point is MOST phones work just fine, which I'm sure they do, then I would just go with a Bionic! :D It seems to be the middle ground for all of the other flagships. The Rezound is the same. In my opinion you can't lose with any of them, so it comes down to phone design and screen type. Do you like the contour? Do you want a super skinny phone? Do you want a 4.6 in screen? Are you outside a lot? Are you going to use an extended battery/do you think the extended battery is ugly? That sort of thing. The hardware differences are minute, I've used them all at this point, and speed wise they all run flawlessly. This is just the way I see it, I'm sure plenty of people will disagree, but I think it ultimately comes down to removable battery, removable storage, Motorola or HTC. Pick your poison. :happy3:

2. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    However, you lose USB Mass Storage Mode. And the ability to upgrade to a larger capacity, though that's probably only a big thing if your smartphone is your music player.

That's not a knock on the Nexus; it's just a choice you have to make. The GNex has its pros and cons, just as the Bionic does.

3. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thank you very much. Yea i have been around here for a lil while now, although i don't post much but i am a lurker lol. I don't think arguing solves anything because regardless u can never get them to think the exact same way as you do but u can convince them to open their mind a lil bit and understand where your coming from, if that makes sense. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and your needs of the device, hence my situation. If Google could make a droid device that can integrate pretty good with iTunes that would be the ideal device for me regardless of major hardware points u know? I deal a lot with music, from listening to it to making it, so i rely on iTunes a lot.

And yes, Sub Zero is a beast!:p

4. nateohio

nateohio Member

Ratings:
    +11
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! Apple allowing their #1 competitor to integrate into iTunes???? Yeah right!!!! They will never allow that too happen!

Honestly, I think Google would go for it, but apple never would.

5. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    Yea, I have 25gb's of my 32 free, don't keep much on the phone! As far as the Mass Storage, you just plug in the phone via USB and slide the files over. Not sure what the difference is?

6. Imprezive

Imprezive Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Now that I've gotten 901 update phone is running better than expected. Im not in a big rush to root yet but. Soon as one comes out for the .901 ill be down. Even though you can get the root by downgrading method ill just wait it out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. GiovanniTheToker

Ratings:
    +0
    Why wouldn't u jus transfer ur music from itunes to ur android phone? Lol. U don't HAVE to access itunes straight from ur android phone...

8. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +114
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force
    Trust me, when you're moving 5000-7000 music files with album art to a computer only to load another hundred or so movies back onto the phone for a day and then move those 7000 files back that night, the difference is very noticeable.

9. GiovanniTheToker

Ratings:
    +0
    What? Lol. U can't fit a hundred movies on a phone. And don't transfer songs back and forth...just make copies.

10. ajb3985

ajb3985 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Had the same problem. Did a system reset and solved my data drops. I highly recommend it

11. robert70

robert70 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok I just read threw all 7 pages of well lets be honest- whining, and I have to say that I love my x2 however,, I have been looking at new phones, the razr the gnex the rezound and the bionic, ,,after I do my taxes, and get them back, I will be getting the bionic, don't get me wrong the other phones I looked at are all great, but the bionic is just where its at to me, the only thing that I think would make it better and I could be way off base here, is if it were global, that being said I'm only out of the country once every ten years or so, so its not a deal breaker, some one on the thread said that every new device has issues and they couldn't be more correct, whining about them sure wont make them go away, but maybe a steady flow of email to the right ppl would help? Just the late night rambling of someone e who can't sleep.

Sent from a steady 3g connection using DroidForums

12. billyk

billyk Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I've had my Bionic for (almost) 4 months now.
    Love it.

I own other things I'd kick to the curb.
    Not my Bionic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

max sd card for droid bionic