Anybody else ready to kick their Bionic to the curb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I Love my bionic.
When you are on the front edge of technology, you have to expect a few problems. Give Verizon Time. Even with the problems, this phone is still way better than everything else.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

No, I refuse to lower my expectations. And the Bionic is not way better than anything else. Its not even close.

nateohio

Reaction score
Please, if it has half as many problems as this POS Bionic does, I'll gladly come back here and let everyone know that Motorola can't build a phone worth a crap. Or maybe you'd prefer if I just PM you? Send me your phone # and I'll SMS you too.

Oh, and if the Razr doesn't have the problems the Bionic has, would you like me to come back here and let y'all know that too?

It's hilarious how all of y'all are doing the exact same thing about the Razr as you accused me of doing about the Bionic. LOL! Y'all are hating on the Razr because it's "better" than your Bionic. HATE HATE HATE!!! LOL!!

Buncha goofballs and you don't even realize it!!!

I can't wait till this guy realizes that the razr is just a repackaged bionic. After the razr he'll move to the gnex. Maybe then he'll realize that 90% of the problems he's experiencing affect all of the 4G phones on Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Can we please close this ridiculous thread, mods? And htown, as I said before the 901 has basically fixed everyone's bionic problems. This whole thread is retarded because there's a ton of other threads on how to update the bionic to 901 so stop griping like babies and update or go get the Razr. We really could not care less which one you do.

Then why are you reading this thread if you don't care?

Who forced you to read it? Unbelievable the mentality here.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I can't wait till this guy realizes that the razr is just a repackaged bionic. After the razr he'll move to the gnex. Maybe then he'll realize that 90% of the problems he's experiencing affect all of the 4G phones on Verizon.

LOL! All the hate!! Wow!

Really ticks y'all off that I dumped the Bionic huh? LOL! I have no idea why it should, but it's just plain hilarious that Team Bionic got dumped by me and it's brought out all the haters.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Then why are you reading this thread if you don't care?

Who forced you to read it? Unbelievable the mentality here.

Your complete inability to not take threads on DroidForums personal is honestly what compelled me to post a reply. I also wanted to inform you that if you are unsatisfied with the bionic there are plenty here that agree with some of your statements about the bionic. However, instead of harassing other posters because they make a few RAZR comments, they got the latest update and a custom rom and made their bionics everything it was hyped up to be; myself included. I'd be happy to help you along the process if you'd like to skip the hassle of having to get a different phone. Honestly if you were to get a new phone I'd recommend an iPhone for you. :) hope you don't ever brick whatever phone you end up with.

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
Hate when I quote when I want to modify. :0

Last edited:

bionic805er

Reaction score
Yea I want that new ota update and when is it coming out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jkliving92

Reaction score
Yea I want that new ota update and when is it coming out

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

You can find everything you need right here. If you have questions or need help pm me. Lots of things can go wrong.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=190331

Even if you never installed any leaked updates you'll need to be stock forever rooted to get to 901 rooted.

You got it backwards there bub. I post one thread that says anything bad about the Bionic, and hordes of zealots come out to tell me I should expect problems with new technology, and that I should be willing to try flashing my phone with 10 different "leaked" updates, and if those don't work after 3 months of waiting for them, then just wait another 3 months until ICS comes out before giving up on this magnificent phone called the Bionic.

And don't flatter yourself, you think you're some sort of phone flashing guru neo-god? Please, I probably have forgotten more electronics knowledge in my pinky finger than you posess. If you can't understand that having to do all that with these phones is ridiculous, then that's your problem, but don't try to make yourself out to be some genius that I need to depend on to get a working phone.

I'm already getting a new phone, courtesy of Verizon, and yes, it's a Razr, and if it's the same as the Bionic, then you should be congratulating me because in y'alls opinions, the Bionic is absolutley flawless, thus the Razr should be as well. Instead, y'all are trying to tell me I'll have all the same problems as the Bionic. So... are y'all admitting the Bionic has problems? Wait, that cannot be, because all of y'all are insisting that the Bionic is flawless.

So which is it?

Y'all are full of so much double-talk, it's unreal.

we never said it didn't have problems. We said we fixed them with the 901 update; which you should know was an official update actually pushed out by verizon. Not a leak. Also I'd hack my phone and customize it whether it was flawless or not. It's just fun to me. I don't claim to be a genius but I am knowledgeable on the bionic. I don't really understand why you're even on this site If you don't modify you're phone. You may have a lot of know how with tech but if you ever do need help with a phone do you really expect people on here to help you after you harass a bunch of them? You're the only one who's thrown personal insults to others. All the other's comments were directed towards the Razr, not you.

Last edited:

dlo-htown

Reaction score
we never said it didn't have problems. We said we fixed them with the 901 update; which you should know was an official update actually pushed out by verizon. Not a leak. Also I'd hack my phone and customize it whether it was flawless or not. It's just fun to me. I don't claim to be a genius but I am knowledgeable on the bionic. I don't really understand why you're even on this site If you don't modify you're phone. You may have a lot of know how with tech but if you ever do need help with a phone do you really expect people on here to help you after you harass a bunch of them? You're the only one who's thrown personal insults to others. All the other's comments were directed towards the Razr, not you.

What you cannot seem to understand is, I don't have the time nor inclination to "play" with my phone. I don't want a hobby kit, that's not why I bought it. I'm glad you like to play around with electronic devices, and maybe you'll get a nice paying job doing that for a living, but I already have a badass job like that where I develop software for embedded devices. I don't need nor want my phone to be one of my "jobs" that I have to jack with to try this or that to try and make it work right. I paid for something that should already be working. Just because you had lowered expectations when you shelled out your hard-earned money, don't make me out to be a freak for expecting what I paid for.

And just WTH do you care why I'm on this site? Is it your job or something to police these forums and tell folks to get out of here if you don't like what they have to say? Who's taking things personal here exactly?

But, if you must know, some people have asked questions about what their experience with the Bionic has been, and I related mine, only to be called a liar, a hater, and clueless, unrealistic, and unreasonable because haven't even tried every patch or custom ROM under the sun. No, it's not me that's taking this personally. You and others like you have absolutely NO reason to care what kind of phone I choose to use, yet for some reason you're upset that I haven't tried yet another patch after having a 3rd Bionic phone sent me, and that I'm making my opinions public on droidforums Bionic forum.

You need to come to grips with the fact that you cannot handle it when someone relates that they've had enough of a bad experience with this phone that they've moved on to another phone, and just let it go.

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
What you cannot seem to understand is, I don't have the time nor inclination to "play" with my phone. I don't want a hobby kit, that's not why I bought it. I'm glad you like to play around with electronic devices, and maybe you'll get a nice paying job doing that for a living, but I already have a badass job like that where I develop software for embedded devices. I don't need nor want my phone to be one of my "jobs" that I have to jack with to try this or that to try and make it work right. I paid for something that should already be working. Just because you had lowered expectations when you shelled out your hard-earned money, don't make me out to be a freak for expecting what I paid for.

And just WTH do you care why I'm on this site? Is it your job or something to police these forums and tell folks to get out of here if you don't like what they have to say? Who's taking things personal here exactly?

But, if you must know, some people have asked questions about what their experience with the Bionic has been, and I related mine, only to be called a liar, a hater, and clueless, unrealistic, and unreasonable because haven't even tried every patch or custom ROM under the sun. No, it's not me that's taking this personally. You and others like you have absolutely NO reason to care what kind of phone I choose to use, yet for some reason you're upset that I haven't tried yet another patch after having a 3rd Bionic phone sent me, and that I'm making my opinions public on droidforums Bionic forum.

You need to come to grips with the fact that you cannot handle it when someone relates that they've had enough of a bad experience with this phone that they've moved on to another phone, and just let it go.

I just said I don't understand why youre here. Not sure that constitutes as policing. You should post your opinions about the bionic, it's the personal insults to others posters that makes you come off a bit sensitive. I'm not upset that you don't like to modify your phone or that you don't like the bionic, I understand why you wouldn't want to modify your phone no matter what you do for a living. But it is a bit ridiculous when someone just complains, complains, and complains about things that they could easily fix with barely any know how, in about under five minutes instead of going through 3 or 4 phones. And It really says something for someone to go through three phones, be unsatisfied with all three, and are eager to get another phone made by the same manufacturer. That just doesn't make much sense to me. Please, get a Razr, or even a galaxy Nexus or iPhone (again my recommendation for you. Haha) and go to their threads. I'm sure they'd love to hear your complaints and how you want to do nothing to fix whatever it is you're complaining about.

Abs

Reaction score
Will somebody please close this thread

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I just said I don't understand why youre here. Not sure that constitutes as policing. You should post your opinions about the bionic, it's the personal insults to others posters that makes you come off a bit sensitive. I'm not upset that you don't like to modify your phone or that you don't like the bionic, I understand why you wouldn't want to modify your phone no matter what you do for a living. But it is a bit ridiculous when someone just complains, complains, and complains about things that they could easily fix with barely any know how, in about under five minutes instead of going through 3 or 4 phones. And It really says something for someone to go through three phones, be unsatisfied with all three, and are eager to get another phone made by the same manufacturer. That just doesn't make much sense to me. Please, get a Razr, or even a galaxy Nexus or iPhone (again my recommendation for you. Haha) and go to their threads. I'm sure they'd love to hear your complaints and how you want to do nothing to fix whatever it is you're complaining about.

LOL. You know what I think is ridiculous?

I'll tell you anyways.... it's that you think I'm complaining, when all I'm doing is letting everyone know what I'm going through, and that I have stopped trying to make my Bionic work after 3 phones and the OTA software update that was supposed to solve the problems according to Motorola and Verizon.

You keep harping on the fact that I need an iPhone, as if it's some super bad awful insult. LOL! Only to you guys is it such a horrible thing to consider other phones, because its an Apple product. You know, I have owned and programmed software for Macs, PC's and Linux boxes. I'm not ashamed to say I have used and am very skilled with all of those different OS's, because it earns me top dollar on the job to know my way around all of them. If I was developing for phones, you bet your butt I'd know my way around an iPhone too. Your suggestions that the iPhone is so inferior that I need one because I lack the skills to use a Bionic is pretty lame. I outgrew those kinds of arguments in high school. Sorry if I dont subscribe to your little juvenile attitude of Team Bionic being in a holy war against Team iPhone or Team Nexus or any other phone faction. How much more ridiculous can you get?

Lastly, I have never knocked you for liking reflash your phone, but you seem to want to throw it around as if its some sort of impressive feat. Let me tell you, flashing phone ROMs has got to be the most brain-dead function when it comes to working with electronics. A freackin monkey could do it. It's dull and non-challenging, but it is time consuming, and I refuse to have to do that with something I paid for. I don't have to do that with my car, I don't have to do that with my other household appliances, and I don't have to do that with most of the software that I use on my PC, so why should I have to do that with my phone?

I am amused though that you judge folks here on droid forums by how many "phone mods" you can list. How cute... you need badges to feel good about yourself.

jkliving92

Reaction score
LOL. You know what I think is ridiculous?

I'll tell you anyways.... it's that you think I'm complaining, when all I'm doing is letting everyone know what I'm going through, and that I have stopped trying to make my Bionic work after 3 phones and the OTA software update that was supposed to solve the problems according to Motorola and Verizon.

You keep harping on the fact that I need an iPhone, as if it's some super bad awful insult. LOL! Only to you guys is it such a horrible thing to consider other phones, because its an Apple product. You know, I have owned and programmed software for Macs, PC's and Linux boxes. I'm not ashamed to say I have used and am very skilled with all of those different OS's, because it earns me top dollar on the job to know my way around all of them. If I was developing for phones, you bet your butt I'd know my way around an iPhone too. Your suggestions that the iPhone is so inferior that I need one because I lack the skills to use a Bionic is pretty lame. I outgrew those kinds of arguments in high school. Sorry if I dont subscribe to your little juvenile attitude of Team Bionic being in a holy war against Team iPhone or Team Nexus or any other phone faction. How much more ridiculous can you get?

Lastly, I have never knocked you for liking reflash your phone, but you seem to want to throw it around as if its some sort of impressive feat. Let me tell you, flashing phone ROMs has got to be the most brain-dead function when it comes to working with electronics. A freackin monkey could do it. It's dull and non-challenging, but it is time consuming, and I refuse to have to do that with something I paid for. I don't have to do that with my car, I don't have to do that with my other household appliances, and I don't have to do that with most of the software that I use on my PC, so why should I have to do that with my phone?

I am amused though that you judge folks here on droid forums by how many "phone mods" you can list. How cute... you need badges to feel good about yourself.

TLDR

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Ha. I don't spend enough time on here to even notice a 3-day ban. Maybe you should consider taking a break from the interwebz if it killed you so bad to get a 3-day vacation from getting on droidforums? Get out and exercise an hour a day and all that. Just a friendly suggestion. :p

Rofl. K buddy. Enjoy your i phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.