Any possibility to get gingerbread back on raz

Reaction score
Your out of luck if you want to go back to GB.
About the only option for you is root your phone. use sqLite editor to unlock your hotspot and use your phone as a hotspot for your laptop.
thats about the only thing I can think of that you can do.

Actually, you don't have to root your phone. There is an app called "FoxFi". It gives your phone the ability to emit a wi-fi signal to multiple devices without being rooted. i have it on my Razr Maxx and my Bionic. It works flawlessly and it was very simple to start using. You just download it and click it to turn it on. You can give it a network name and password if you like. I've had it for 2 months so far and Verizon hasn't caught it.

Last edited:

Exalted911

Reaction score
Actually, you don't have to root your phone. There is an app called "FoxFi". It gives your phone the ability to emit a wi-fi signal to multiple devices without being rooted. i have it on my Razr Maxx and my Bionic. It works flawlessly and it was very simple to start using. You just download it and click it to turn it on. You can give it a network name and password if you like. I've had it for 2 months so far and Verizon hasn't caught it.

even better for him then. no need to root his phone.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No you cannot go back to Gingerbread from ICS ... the bootloaders are different. Someone else tried to go back and they bricked their phone. Sorry.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With a locked boot loader you can not go back. But there may be ways or fixes for your issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2