Bionic webtop 3.0 with ICS update?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really hope the Bionic gets webtop 3.0 with the ICS update cuz its freakin sweet. I am using my lapdock 500 pro with my razr on the ICS leak right now to type this thread an i have to say it isnt webtop anymore its actually a tablet OS cuz the the apps in the market detect the lapdock as a tablet running ICS here are some screen shots for u. Plus i think this is an awesome idea that moto came up with cuz its kinda like there own laptop/smartphone/tablet hybrid an if they continue with this with some added features an such as time goes on think the concept could turn into something cool an i reallllllllly want the bionic to get webtop 3.0 so i dont have to just use my razr for webtop 3.0

View attachment 50557

View attachment 50558

View attachment 50559

View attachment 50560

View attachment 50561

View attachment 50562

View attachment 50563

My351

Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. Haven't even gotten to play with version 3 yet, but from what I've seen and heard it's awesome. I use my lapdock 500 almost every day, and it would be great to use it to its full potential.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't see why it wouldn't. I mean with the exception of the 200MHz the Razr and Bionic have the same hardware.

Batman8

Reaction score
I use the lapdock with my Bionic everyday, and the only issue that I have with it is the "low memory" errors that come up all the time when surfing the internet or if opening too many windows, etc.

Do you get these errors on Webtop 3.0 or was that finally addressed/fixed?

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Just curious, what did you use to do the lapdock screenshots?

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Batman8 said:
I use the lapdock with my Bionic everyday, and the only issue that I have with it is the "low memory" errors that come up all the time when surfing the internet or if opening too many windows, etc.

Do you get these errors on Webtop 3.0 or was that finally addressed/fixed?

absolutely no low memory errors this webtops memory usage is not even noticeable it runs so much more smoother than 2.0 ever could plus with the ICS update being so heavily deblured memory an cpu usage is minimal but ever since using 3.0 i love my labdock even more i use 100x more now than i ever did thats how much better 3.0 is.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
thaDroidz said:
Looks like a camera of some sort...

----MAXX'd using old skool df app---

Yeah i had to use my cousins iphone an had him mms it to my razr -_- been trying to get him to jump on the android band wagon an he wont do it

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Webdock 3.0 is the ONLY reason I bought the Bionic web dock. Webtop as it is now is fairly useless. I was able to control the phone with a keyboard before using airdroid, and the ff browser is almost too slow to use.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
If I had a Bionic (my boyfriend does) I'd be furious about the webtop revamp. Basically they went from an Ubuntu install to a tablet UI. The Gingerbread webtop, through a little bit of hacking is far and above a tablet interface, as you can basically treat it like a PC install of Ubuntu. I'd be so disappointed if they switch over to the new version.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Ubuntu install? The only thing that webtop has right now is mobile view and an old version of firefox with two plug-ins, citrix and flash.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah this webtop has no memory errors at all an i pushed it to the max plus the GB webtop looks like crap compared to this i think moto is going in the right direction with this just needs a bit more polishing with over all features

chuck54

Reaction score
Well whats the difference between the lap dock and the webtops? I have the lapdock.....