Any ETA or already released roms for the razr yet?

thrgk

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone cracked and made a razr rom, with steps to root it. Dont see a reason to root it if there are no roms right?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh.... there are some great root apps out there. You dont have to put a ROM on a phone after you root it. Rooting a phone just gives you more control of your phone. Its like running a PC as Admin.

Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Light Flow, Adfree, SetCPU are some root apps I use on a daily basis. Used SetCPU to underclock it to see if it helps with battery life. Didnt really do extensive testing.

Last edited:
OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
i guess rooting lets my freeze annoying apps, but rom increase performance and battery life.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just freezing apps and stuff could also do the same thing. Just wanted to say it doesnt necessarily have to go hand in hand: rooting and custom ROMs. One could just root their phone and thats it. Thats basically what I did to my Droid X1. And what I wound up doing with my Droid 1 after Froyo came out and I tried a few ROMs.

Would be nice to get back into the ROM scene to see the great things the different developers do. But I've been content with just root for awhile now.

Last edited:

SANhacker

Reaction score
My biggest concern is the lack of an SBF file. (Or whatever it is called these days)
Until I can go back to stock, No ROM for me.