Droid Razr Maxx released already

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by booyaltz, Jan 9, 2012.

1. booyaltz

booyaltz New Member

2. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

I'm pretty pissed about this one. Two months??!?! Are you kidding me? Not even two months. Now that we've seen that it's possible to get the back off the RAZR maybe we can all just order the Maxx battery and pop it into the RAZR carefully?
  3. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus New Member

Razr/Bionic situation welcome to the tech world [:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

The same way Motorola did with the D2. I'm done with Motorola. Samsung is getting my money for once.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  5. jrpbulk

jrpbulk New Member

Don't worry be happy, it is all good. 6 months from now .... the maxx will be just as obsolete.

I am a gadget freak early adopter if you do that you pay for the privilege ( i need to stop it is a bad habit, I had my droid inc forever). I routinely get 16 hours on my battery with typical use (no I don't play videos for hours) so I don't see this as a big deal for me. They have been wrong about power each and every time.

6. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

Not the same thing. We knew the Razr was coming when the Bionic shipped and it's not the same phone. This one is virtually identical except for the battery (which is an issue) and the RAM.
  7. jrpbulk

jrpbulk New Member

Yeah just wait for about 30 days or so and you will have many more options in terms of ICS and super hardware. The Gnex is way over rated.

8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Little thicker device with a bigger battery is not enough to get me upset. I'm happy with battery life and how thin the device is.

Now come out with a Quad Core and new screen technology on the MAXX and then there is an issue :) Not even the least bit upset.
  9. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

If Razr owners are satisfied with battery as is then the only thing I would be concerned about would be whether or not the Droid Razr 1 will be as supported in terms of OTA updates. Other then that, seems like the same phone to me..
  10. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Same phone. Both will be supported

11. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Have they released official specs yet comparing the two? I could see this being like a D2 ---> D2G transition where some things are a little off between the two. Will ROMs be interchangeable between the two devices? Same kernels on "OG" DRazr and Maxx?... and I know they are both receiving ICS, but I was thinking in terms of more long term OTA updates, where the original Razr might not get the same bug fix OTAs that the Maxx might receive. Just a possibility in my opinion. I certainly hope Moto doesn't do this. I was strictly Moto until my G-Nex :biggrin:.
  12. jdroid80

jdroid80 New Member

The Maxx is just a RAZR with extended battery? 8.9 mm (MAXX) vs 7.1 mm (RAZR1)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  13. Zregnier

Zregnier New Member

This is exactly why I'll never buy a device with unremovable battery. Very happy with my Bionic thus far.
  14. Mikegreco16

Mikegreco16 New Member

Last time I checked my razr works fine and the battery life is fine. One of my favorite things about my razr is how thin it is i'm not sure if I would change that for a slighty bigger battery

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  15. Zandar

Zandar New Member

Wait, are you telling me a mobile device manufacturer came out with a newer model of one of their devices?

NOOOO!!!!! THAT'S UNFAIR!!!!!! GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!!!!

I think some people have never followed tech before. Who cares if they have a quick device upgrade or refresh? It doesn't affect my unit in the slightest. Why would you consider it a plus for a manufacturer to only come out with one or two devices a year, or an insult for them to have rapid releases? You are aware that the average consumer doesn't care, right? Moto's just trying to keep things fresh so they have something new out for everyone's update cycle.
  16. satarecah

satarecah New Member

Ill say it again i love you same here untill a droid comes out with quad im not upset the very least i just wish gameloft or some people would go "hey maybe we should make our brand new graphical games for the razr duuuur" lol seems like alot apps are still not available for the razr >.> im happy with my dual core device till quad core is main stream
  17. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

+1:rating10:Hey guys be thankful that Moto is not like (I hate to even type it) APPLE or Blackberry who comes out with a new device maybe every 12 months or so. In the not to distant future we're going to be looking to upgrade to a better more capable phone. We all benefit by Moto "pushing the outside of the envelope" and staying competitive in this fast moving market...it only benefits us in the long run. I just wish they had purple when I bought my Razr on 11.11.11...NOT.
  18. Agrajag

Agrajag New Member

This is extremely insensitive and insulting and this sort of response needs to stop. In my case I've spent virtually my entire career in the tech sector and that encompasses 30 years including working for many of the top tech companies and being an author of a best-selling tech sector book series. In other words, I know this industry well so you can take your insults and put them where they belong--under the uninformed rock where you drudged them up from.

I'm miffed about this not because I'm ignorant enough to not understand that companies release new products but that, in the face of a clear concern--their first device of the genre without an upgradeable battery and clear concerns from their customers about said design--that they showed their own belief in the product I bought from them by releasing and hyping a nearly-identical product that clearly is designed to help offset those very concerns. In other words, this product stands as clear evidence of the belief that the original product has design issues. Had this product come about in 6 months I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I've been on the bleeding edge most of my life and used many products long before any typical consumer could hope to get their hands on them. I know what buying early means but this is simply a direct insult to everyone who bought a RAZR less than 8 weeks ago. There is absolutely zero doubt that Motorola knew this product was in the pipeline and said absolutely nothing to anyone about it. The reason they didn't is they knew it would mean many people would wait but waiting was simply not an option for them. Instead, they had to have this product out there for Christmas--customers be damned.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  19. satarecah

satarecah New Member

Could we stop tossing insults back and forth and talk like civilzed adults on the topic? Im waiting for a spec list i want to see if cpu or ram is diff
  20. Snow02

Snow02 New Member

You must be new here.
Search tags for this page

what phone will be released after droid maxx