antivirus for droid

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
there are quite a few antivirus apps for android phones. not that I want any type of virus coming to my Droid but, has anyone used such apps and does it really protect it? how do u know its really working?

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Reaction score
try searching next time as this topic has been covered countless times

android is built from linux, linux has no virus thus android has no virus's, so in other words anti virus's are pointless and just slow your phone down and waste your battery

let me guess your next question is which task killer is the best?

Darkseider

Reaction score

android is built from linux, linux has no virus thus android has no virus's, so in other words anti virus's are pointless and just slow your phone down and waste your battery

This. Task killer!??! TASK KILLER!? BURN THEM!! BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!!

Jordan8

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there has never been any android viruses... probably never will be.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well excuse me for asking. u don't have to respond but thanks n e way. and NO I was NOT asking about ATK. I don't think I asked it

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
thank u and I appreciate a simple answer

To the best of my knowledge there has never been any android viruses... probably never will be.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thank u and I appreciate a simple answer

Anyway, just an fyi they are major resource hogs. You don't need an antivirus.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

GromitDroid

Reaction score
Hi Hawaii.

I don't believe that about no viruses! If you can hack it, you can make a virus. I use Lookout. I got it from the Market. I also use ATK paid version. I like it b/c for me it does help. Try the free version. I am talking about the one from Res Child, not the others out there.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
good point about hacks. thanks for the advice

Hi Hawaii.

I don't believe that about no viruses! If you can hack it, you can make a virus. I use Lookout. I got it from the Market. I also use ATK paid version. I like it b/c for me it does help. Try the free version. I am talking about the one from Res Child, not the others out there.

Hope this helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Hawaii.

Hope this helps.

No, it didn't help because you simply don't understand how difficult it is to write a virus for Linux. You also are wrong about task killers.

I usually don't talk about the amount of post somebody had as to how it holds to their credibility, but you just joined this forum. I suggest you do a little more reading and less advising at this point.

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I understand about Linux, I work for a bank and understand it. Lol...I just wanted a feed back and wasn't about to search thru hundreds of blobs
I thank u all again but I don't think I would need an antivirus....hope not

GromitDroid

Reaction score
Hawaii was asking what people use, which is the best etc. I was just telling her what works for me. I claimed to be expressing an opinion not the Gospel Truth. This is a forum where people can express their opinions, learn and exchange information.

So please don't tell me how wrong I am for trying to do so, just because I am new.

As far as reading, yes Android is based on Linux. But it is not entirely linux. There are some parts that are based on C and Java, which have had viruses.

Lastly, If I have a question that others share too, and I find a good answer I am going to post it.

I am sorry you feel you are the only one qualified ever to give advice about anything and everything Android, but I don't share that belief.

Good Day!

OP
Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I appreciate any help & advice, really. so don't worry its all good and yes to each is his own opinion.
have a good week!

Hawaii was asking what people use, which is the best etc. I was just telling her what works for me. I claimed to be expressing an opinion not the Gospel Truth. This is a forum where people can express their opinions, learn and exchange information.

So please don't tell me how wrong I am for trying to do so, just because I am new.

As far as reading, yes Android is based on Linux. But it is not entirely linux. There are some parts that are based on C and Java, which have had viruses.

Lastly, If I have a question that others share too, and I find a good answer I am going to post it.

I am sorry you feel you are the only one qualified ever to give advice about anything and everything Android, but I don't share that belief.

Good Day!

GromitDroid

Reaction score
Hi Hawaii.

No, it didn't help because you simply don't understand how difficult it is to write a virus for Linux. You also are wrong about task killers.

I usually don't talk about the amount of post somebody had as to how it holds to their credibility, but you just joined this forum. I suggest you do a little more reading and less advising at this point.

Oh, here is a link to "more reading" which Hookbill thinks I don't do. It is about Android's First Virus:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10928070

Thank you Hawaii for being receptive and respectful of others. :)