antivirus for droid

jackdone

Reaction score
Now there is no need for antivirus on Android, as there is no virus. There are, of course, the denunciation of malware. The best advice is to download only the applications market, no text messaging, and pay attention to reviews of each application and the authorizations requested.

Kamau

Reaction score
Ok, I've been reading this and have come to the conclusion that virus/malware protection at this time is probably a waste of money in protecting the phone (but in time, some 17 yr old with too much time on his hand will find a way), but what about your pc? Couldn't something be downloaded to the phone, but once you connect to a pc, you would infect the pc itself? In that case, would a anti virus/ malware app be useful?
And please, before someone puts it out there, I am not promoting or encouraging these kind of apps, but looking for advice as a new android owner.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I've been reading this and have come to the conclusion that virus/malware protection at this time is probably a waste of money in protecting the phone (but in time, some 17 yr old with too much time on his hand will find a way), but what about your pc? Couldn't something be downloaded to the phone, but once you connect to a pc, you would infect the pc itself? In that case, would a anti virus/ malware app be useful?
And please, before someone puts it out there, I am not promoting or encouraging these kind of apps, but looking for advice as a new android owner.

Solid train of thought, but no it's still not needed on the phone.

Your computer's anti-virus has the responsibility of protecting your PC!

Kamau

Reaction score
Ok, I can agree with that. But then wouldn't it be prudent to catch it BEFORE it gets to the pc?
So then I come back to my question, are any of these anti-virus/malware apps worth it in this situation? Do any of them actually work?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
How can something catch something that doesn't exist? Simply by its existing these apps make themselves pointless -- if I were to go write something to attack these devices I'd look at the existing countermeasures and devise a way to avoid being detected.