Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and it was fixed by replacing the SIM card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
I think it all boils down to location. Every Tech that seemed to half way no what he was talking about asked me where I was gotta have something to do with.it

nomadh

Reaction score
I've had my bionic for 2 or 3 weeks now and have been having lots of data drops. Usually lasting 1-5 min. It mainly showed up with streaming media. But even if not streaming sometimes I'd need to airplane mode or switch 3/4g. I had a big problem just getting it setup needing 3 calls, an overnight wait, multiple battery and sim resets. While streaming sometimes I could stream for 1 or 2 hours straight then without moving suddenly loose connection then take many tries to get back online then possibly lose then fiddle to regain connection every few min till I give up caring. I've been looking at these different threads on connection losses but have not jumped in because I knew I had a few apps installed that I suspected. Well I finally uninstalled a few of these and my problem seems fixed. I uninstalled battery defender, battery dr saver and, my main suspect, mobo task killer.
I still have android booster mini info and they seem to be fine. I know I was crazy about how many of these I had installed. Its why I didnt comment. I did just want to post that for some people the phone may be fine. The bad news is that there may be many phones out there that are just defective. I also see the os update people are hoping to be the cure all but I suspect it isn't going to help much. I can tell you that at least my bionic is running well so far and if you completely re-flashed yours and its fresh and still not working they should give you a new phone. And if you havent tried your apps, check that first.

Just wanted to update. Still working very well here in san diego. I had 3g sort of go dead for an evening but a full reset fixed it. It could be a bit smoother switching between wifi and 3/4g when streaming but it usually kicks over in 5-15 sec. So i just want to let you all know there is hope and a bionic can work. If yours doesnt make them give you a NEW one. If they give you a referb give it a test and if its bad make them give you a new one then another if needed.

wooddale

Reaction score
Just wanted to update. Still working very well here in san diego. I had 3g sort of go dead for an evening but a full reset fixed it. It could be a bit smoother switching between wifi and 3/4g when streaming but it usually kicks over in 5-15 sec. So i just want to let you all know there is hope and a bionic can work. If yours doesnt make them give you a NEW one. If they give you a referb give it a test and if its bad make them give you a new one then another if needed.

Its still a bunch of crap you should not have to do. Im in IL my connection has been great for the last 2 days but it has done that before then it goes bad again I disagree its not a bad phone they are all bad. Granted there are gonna be some that are really bad like anything. The main problem still is in the network and software and or hardware at this point who knows.

Reaction score
So my phone locked up and I had to pull the battery to get it back to working but i have no data.. I've pulled the battery 4 more times and still NOTHING..... am i screwed?

wooddale

Reaction score
So my phone locked up and I had to pull the battery to get it back to working but i have no data.. I've pulled the battery 4 more times and still NOTHING..... am i screwed?

Where are you at Im in IL and there is a network outage

Tonik

Reaction score

No, cuz VZ will give you a new phone. :icon_ banana: But I don't think you will have to do that. When you pull it the fifth time, try holding the power button down for a few minutes...without the battery in it. And then wait a few more minutes before you put the battery back in. Not giving you a hard time, but the power button wait 10 minutes battery pull can often really help.

Reaction score
Well I meant on my current phone, and Yeah, I've tried all that and of course my dumb butt did a factory reset and still cant get data... .. I'm in SC.. other phones have data so its not an outage i dont believe.

And yeah, i expect to walk out tonight with another phone or cancel my 5 lines.... i will cut off my nose despite my face..

Reaction score
According to the vzw store there is a nationwide outage effecting 4g phones and even causing them to not get 3g. He sjowed me his phone and then on my way home sporadically have gotten 3g. Pissed i did a factory reset....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Crazybry79

Reaction score
Well, Verizon sent me a USED phone (referb). The sticker on the front says the phone has been through rigorus tests.....

Well, through ALL their testing, they seemed to miss the fact that the earpeice speaker was blown, making a metallic crackly sound. AND the data dropping persisted. (I understand that today there was an outage....and that I can accept....but before the outage, it was still dropping.

Called tech support, and described the problem. Told me the usual 'remove the battery' routine. Told them to either cancel my contract, or send me a different phone. They are sending me a different modle phone......

At first theyu wanted to send me another bionic. I declined. He told me that thsat was my option, I told him to cancel my contract. He then told me there would be an update in two days.....I told him I had been told that before. I told him I wanted a DIFFERENT phone, or I would find a different carrier. He told me to pick two phones I would choose from......BUT they needed to be 30 days old or older....

WTF??! So I emailed him back and told him either a Razr, or a charge. I guess they are sending me a Samsung Charge now..... Dont know anything about the phone, but we will see.....

Crazybry79

Reaction score
After making my post above, I recived an automated phone call from VZW asking about my customer support experience. I replied that the CSR was very courtious, but my problem was not solved, and that on a scale of 0-10, I would reccomend VZW 0 times. There was a prerecorded message that said someone may get in contact with me to see why I gave the answers I did..... About an hour later I got a call back from the same VZW rep, following up on my customer service experience. I told him that I was a lil pissed that I was forced to go backwards into an older Samsung product. He told me that I wasnt forced into it, but the Razr was too new. After somew discussion, he told me they were sending out a razr come Monday, because it had now been out for 30 days :/

BUT WAIT!! Friday I was out, and I looked and my phone said there was an update needed.....so I downloaded the update. Took about 10 minutes. Phone restarted, and all was good. Fri night I had good service, and all of Sat I had good service. I thought hey, maybe the update DID fix it.......until this AM.....yup same problem.

wooddale

Reaction score
After making my post above, I recived an automated phone call from VZW asking about my customer support experience. I replied that the CSR was very courtious, but my problem was not solved, and that on a scale of 0-10, I would reccomend VZW 0 times. There was a prerecorded message that said someone may get in contact with me to see why I gave the answers I did..... About an hour later I got a call back from the same VZW rep, following up on my customer service experience. I told him that I was a lil pissed that I was forced to go backwards into an older Samsung product. He told me that I wasnt forced into it, but the Razr was too new. After somew discussion, he told me they were sending out a razr come Monday, because it had now been out for 30 days :/

BUT WAIT!! Friday I was out, and I looked and my phone said there was an update needed.....so I downloaded the update. Took about 10 minutes. Phone restarted, and all was good. Fri night I had good service, and all of Sat I had good service. I thought hey, maybe the update DID fix it.......until this AM.....yup same problem.

I was afraid of that I havent got the update yet still waiting. I said wright from the start because it took so long They dont have a fix for data drop not 100% and we deserve 100%. 5.5.893 has been leaked for almost a month 1/2. People said when it came out it didnt fix the data problem. They all said camera was better no more BSOD and a few of the other things. Moto even says it doesnt fix data just makes it better. I will wait until I get update myself to make decision but if its not fixed Im gonna give them hell.

Crazybry79

Reaction score
Well, just an FYI, I talked to VZW and raised living hell, and after several phone conversations, they are sending me a newe Razr....... dancedroid just an FYI.....

beltwaybob

Reaction score
Still Flakey or no Data Connection

I have been fussing with VZW via email regarding the "NO DATA CONNECTION". I told them I didn't want a Razr because I am afraid it has similar problems as the Bionic (Motorola). Told them I hear the ReZound has a good radio - I want a Rezound. They aren't going there. Offered me a Charge. I like the Charge OK but why should I go backwards? How long has the RZ been out? This is pretty ridiculous. For the price, the Bionic should do what they said it would.
Bob

lowcel

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having this problem. It seems like I have to turn my phone off and back on at least five times a day in order to get internet coverage. This is getting old. I am two months into my contract with Verizon, only 22 months until I can go back to AT&T.