Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

vixxen9905

Reaction score
I'm having the same issues with all my replacement phones.

Ugraded my original Droid in May, spending $350. for a Thunderbolt. Since then they have sent me 4 Bolts, then 3 Samsung Charges and now a Bionic.

I am at the point of crying now because I want a phone that works. The Bionic is great, but after being on a call for any length of time, my caller can't hear me....sounds like the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon, I am told. I had this problem, among others with the Charge and they told me that a ticket would be done to check the networks. So far no communication about that. I was told by another rep that its a Samsung glitch and a patch is scheduled for some unknown future date, so they sent me the Bionic.

I had to buy the back cover and batteries for both the last 2 phones.

My account is sooo messed up now from all these phones...I do have to say that some of the Verizon reps are great.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm having the same issues with all my replacement phones.

Ugraded my original Droid in May, spending $350. for a Thunderbolt. Since then they have sent me 4 Bolts, then 3 Samsung Charges and now a Bionic.

I am at the point of crying now because I want a phone that works. The Bionic is great, but after being on a call for any length of time, my caller can't hear me....sounds like the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon, I am told. I had this problem, among others with the Charge and they told me that a ticket would be done to check the networks. So far no communication about that. I was told by another rep that its a Samsung glitch and a patch is scheduled for some unknown future date, so they sent me the Bionic.

I had to buy the back cover and batteries for both the last 2 phones.

My account is sooo messed up now from all these phones...I do have to say that some of the Verizon reps are great.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I think you will be quite happy after the update :)

vixxen9905

Reaction score
I hope so, love everything else, even com g pared to the Razr I played with at the Verizon store, felt cheap and hot.

I am having issues with the same spam text message being sent day and night...VZW is trying to stop it, so far nothing had helped.

.I am still reserving my opinion on the battery, one I bought won'tcharge...lol:blink:
RT
And Sim card was replaced but that did nothing.

vixxen9905

Reaction score
Its funny though, my son and fiance still have the original Droids, after I loved mine. After all this, they refuse to upgrade now. They want iPhones for Christmas. But they are also diehard iPad users , while I adore my Xoom :hail:

Regodog

Reaction score
I was on the phone yesterday for an hour with verizon and they tried to get me to switch to samsung charge to resolve the issues. The phone is $100 less so I told them to take $100 of my bill. They won't budge. I told them why would I want a phone that has less features than the one I bought. I called sprint and set up another account with a new samsung epic. I just can't wait to compare networks. I wanna see if my streaming I heart radio gets hung up when Im driving around. From what I remember I was able to watch my slingbox TV with no hang ups. I will have it friday!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

wooddale

Reaction score
I was on the phone yesterday for an hour with verizon and they tried to get me to switch to samsung charge to resolve the issues. The phone is $100 less so I told them to take $100 of my bill. They won't budge. I told them why would I want a phone that has less features than the one I bought. I called sprint and set up another account with a new samsung epic. I just can't wait to compare networks. I wanna see if my streaming I heart radio gets hung up when Im driving around. From what I remember I was able to watch my slingbox TV with no hang ups. I will have it friday!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
Re thats kind of interesting if they offered you a Samsung (piece of crap charge) thats almost like them admitting that they cant fix the Bionic if so then they have to give you an equivalent phone

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I had hope for a minute.. Called VZW and activated the new SIM card which I wasn't even told would have to be done "when you get the new sim just put it in your phone and you'll be good to go". The rep activated everything rebooted.. nothing... and I mean NOTHING. after a few minutes 4G activated... while still on the phone with the rep after doing the test calls, data died. Love that impecable timing bionic Thanks!.. she did nothing but note it on the acct -.-

wooddale

Reaction score
I had hope for a minute.. Called VZW and activated the new SIM card which I wasn't even told would have to be done "when you get the new sim just put it in your phone and you'll be good to go". The rep activated everything rebooted.. nothing... and I mean NOTHING. after a few minutes 4G activated... while still on the phone with the rep after doing the test calls, data died. Love that impecable timing bionic Thanks!.. she did nothing but note it on the acct -.-

Like she really knew what was going on anyway

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Like she really knew what was going on anyway

true.. 10% or less seem to have a clue. .. "Oh data issues? Just turn airplane mode off and on"... "seriously... you think I'm calling you and haven't tried that..? lemme repeat for you.. I have tried EVERYTHING on my end!" and at least one time everything included a factory reset lol. On a plus side... since that little hiccup I haven't lost data unless I force it. And even the first time that didn't work! I.e. go from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. always causes a 1-5 minute data drop, today I swapped it and the first time INSTANT on without drop! tried at again cause I was absolutely floored... and no data.. lol

Biffo

Reaction score
+2!
Have two Droid Bionics in the Maine area that is having the data connectivity issues. Have swapped the phones out, etc... Drove to Manchester, NH today and lost data from the time I hit Southern Maine all the way into Manchester, and then 3 hours more. Power cycling the phone, airplane mode, removing the battery would not get the data connection back at all.
Called Verizon Tech support complaining once again explaining all that I have done. Ended up being told that I should restart my phone every couple of hours as a "best practice" anyhow. Laughed and politely asked to speak to someone that could help me.
Got a manager on the phone, and told her I wanted out of my contract if there was nothing that could be done. She gave me the spill about the trade in program (which is $130 per phone - after paying $299!), and told her I wasn't going to take a loss on this issue. I told her that if nobody at Verizon is able to help me, I want out of my contract due to Verizon not holding up to their end being able to provide the service.

Long story short, I got a credit for the data charge on my bill for both of the Bionics... At this point though, if I could get on a different phone of the same caliber, I would jump on it in a heartbeat (Iphone perhaps?)....

Anyhow, just venting my frustration as well... Hope something happens soon to fix this issue.

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
Long story short, I got a credit for the data charge on my bill for both of the Bionics... At this point though, if I could get on a different phone of the same caliber, I would jump on it in a heartbeat (Iphone perhaps?)....

I know the nexus isn't out yet, but the big preview/review on it mentioned no data drops. And through google I have yet to turn up anything about data drops on the rezound... Next time I get a data drop I'm not settling for anything less than a new phone.. 2 Bionics down 2 SIM cards down network checked.. you bet 2x , there's no option left but a different device all together.

tommolog

Reaction score
This really sucks. I already returned the phone and got a new on and still the same connectivity issues. It's like 50% of the friggen time. Was told they would have a fix in early November but nothing yet. When it works, the phone is awesome, but this way it totally sucks, can't rely on email, texts or the ability to get online. I'm going to throw this thing at a VZW store manager soon if it not fixed

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This really sucks. I already returned the phone and got a new on and still the same connectivity issues. It's like 50% of the friggen time. Was told they would have a fix in early November but nothing yet. When it works, the phone is awesome, but this way it totally sucks, can't rely on email, texts or the ability to get online. I'm going to throw this thing at a VZW store manager soon if it not fixed

Patch is coming very shortly to address these issues.