Another Bionic that can't get a data connection... no 4G/3G/1X signal.. only wifi...

rghurtle

Reaction score
A Verizon rep told me that an OTA started going out on the 15th but I have yet to see it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
A Verizon rep told me that an OTA started going out on the 15th but I have yet to see it.

Sometimes Verizon reps just tell you what you want to hear doesnt mean its true if a OTA was out everyone would know it

Regodog

Reaction score
Sometimes Verizon reps just tell you what you want to hear doesnt mean its true if a OTA was out everyone would know it

Yeah, the supervisor told me he would credit my Nov data charge since the update was not out yet then a week later the same guy leaves a VM on my phone that my data connection looks like it's been more stable and he's going to just credit me for the week. One supervisor told me that his manager would call me back within 72 hours and never did. Verizon sucks!

BTW wooddale, Nice profile pic!

Regodog

Reaction score
I am testing out a Samsung Epic Touch 4G from Sprint - $100 less, thinner, faster (1.2 GHz), better display (AMOLED), 2MP front camera not to mention more responsive camera, $40 less a month for unlimited data but VZ has the upper hand on coverage. Decision time...

wooddale

Reaction score
Yeah, the supervisor told me he would credit my Nov data charge since the update was not out yet then a week later the same guy leaves a VM on my phone that my data connection looks like it's been more stable and he's going to just credit me for the week. One supervisor told me that his manager would call me back within 72 hours and never did. Verizon sucks!

BTW wooddale, Nice profile pic!

Boy didnt even know they would go there guess they could if you onlt have the one line and the one phone I got 2 phones that use 4G dont think they would go as far as seperate the two dont know though. dont matter the phone sucks and so do they.

rayr0d

Reaction score
If u have coverage and get no signal and uve tried eveything including factory reset, i suggest calling for a replacement. Ive ran across your problem and before i spend more time figuring whats wrong after a hard reset, i call customer svc., and have a replacement sent..

Unless coverage in your area is a challenge, considering switching carriers shouldnt b an option. If you want 4g and your area has it Verizon is your carrier.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using DroidForums

nomadh

Reaction score
I've had my bionic for 2 or 3 weeks now and have been having lots of data drops. Usually lasting 1-5 min. It mainly showed up with streaming media. But even if not streaming sometimes I'd need to airplane mode or switch 3/4g. I had a big problem just getting it setup needing 3 calls, an overnight wait, multiple battery and sim resets. While streaming sometimes I could stream for 1 or 2 hours straight then without moving suddenly loose connection then take many tries to get back online then possibly lose then fiddle to regain connection every few min till I give up caring. I've been looking at these different threads on connection losses but have not jumped in because I knew I had a few apps installed that I suspected. Well I finally uninstalled a few of these and my problem seems fixed. I uninstalled battery defender, battery dr saver and, my main suspect, mobo task killer.
I still have android booster mini info and they seem to be fine. I know I was crazy about how many of these I had installed. Its why I didnt comment. I did just want to post that for some people the phone may be fine. The bad news is that there may be many phones out there that are just defective. I also see the os update people are hoping to be the cure all but I suspect it isn't going to help much. I can tell you that at least my bionic is running well so far and if you completely re-flashed yours and its fresh and still not working they should give you a new phone. And if you havent tried your apps, check that first.

Crazybry79

Reaction score
Yet another bionic with the same dillema

Same problems here. Got my Bionic 2 months ago, and have been having same friggin problems.

I drive a manure semi this time of year. I travel from a farm to a feild, normally 5 or so miles away. I do this over and over and over ALLLLL day. My phone was dropping data for no reason. I brought it to Verizon, and they said to turn off 4G, as when it was jumping from 4G to 3G and then getting confused...... I did this, but the problem persisted (I tried for several days on each of these attempts). I went back to verizon, they told me to turn off phone and restart (never mentioned airplain mode). It would get signal back 50% of the time, so I wnt back. They told me to remove battery. Same problems persisted. Then they told me to remove sim card and restart. SAME problems. Then they gave me a new sim card. Same problems. I went in again, and they said they could give me a new phone, so were gonna try that.

If THAT doesn't work, I will demand a different modle phone. (They WILL accept this too....already lawyered up!):icon_ devil: What model should I get? I bought the droid Bionic because it was promised to be the BIG, super powerhouse, flagship phone.......and thats what I want. Any ideas?

twistedme

Reaction score
Hang in there a little longer Crazy. See if the update helps you out. If it does not then try something else out then.

I still think it can be a good phone - but i'm wrong at least once a day - ask my wife lol...

SEColwell

Reaction score
I have had my bionic about a month and have had no issues with it what so ever....fyi no update here yet either

Reaction score
disable data manager this will fix most data issues i been able to control my data since on/off with a button