Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Love that I can leave my Urbane always on, but @kodiak799 is right. The 360 gets WAY better battery life if the screen isn't always on. Kind of a shame. I like being able to just glance at my watch without having to twist my wrist to get it to come on. Now that I'm using my Urbane again instead of the Martian Notifier, I've left Tilt to Wake on as well. Traditionally, I've kept that off, but it's easier to give voice commands like "Play Music" while driving if I don't have to tap the face first.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since 99% of all my calls are over Bluetooth, I am not concerned about a speaker on my watch. I probably wouldn't use it even if I had it. But yes....we are entering Dick Tracey / Maxwell Smart territory with new technology.
I'm usually Bluetooth connected as well for calls but a few minutes ago the timer for the oven went off (yah my chicken was finished cooking) and I popped upstairs to turn off the oven, remove food , etc when my phone got a call from work. I just slid the answer gesture on the watch and talked to my boss. I usually don't like that when I answer my phone via my watch but in that case it was pretty handy to have.
It's good to read AW is still pushing ahead of the hardware so as hardware gains in abilities the software will already be on board.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess it could be handy in situations like you described Mountainbikermark. I also agree with everyone that it is good to see Google update Android Wear frequently and include new features, I am all for that!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Turn off the "always on" display feature....you'll easily get over a day of battery. The display is going to light up when you turn your wrist to read it, anyway.
Ambient has always been off. Display only comes on when I touch it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So I guess no one has this new update yet? Let's go Google...chop chop... roll it out!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yes but I can't keep buying new outdated tech just to get updates.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I got an update notice on mine this morning. Couldn't install without being plugged in. *Sigh...
88% not enough apparently. I get the why but come on....

As for turning off Ambient... no. I don't want to wear a dark disc on my wrist.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got an update notice on mine this morning. Couldn't install without being plugged in. *Sigh...
88% not enough apparently. I get the why but come on....

As for turning off Ambient... no. I don't want to wear a dark disc on my wrist.

Don't you always get the new AW update before the rest of us? Not fair! :)

Badelhas

Reaction score
I got a notification about the update at work but didn't have enough battery. When I arrived home I put it in the charger and now it says it's update, when I'm still on 1.3 Android wear version. What's happening?!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got a notification about the update at work but didn't have enough battery. When I arrived home I put it in the charger and now it says it's update, when I'm still on 1.3 Android wear version. What's happening?!
What Android OS version is on your watch. The new update we are waiting for is Android 6.0. I'm not sure if the Android Wear version is changing or not