Android wear update

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Got another update yesterday

Tap'n Turbo
That one was for the phone AW app, right? The new update that is rolling out will update the AW version on our watches and add the new interactive stuff.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So far, so cool.
Ver 1.3. When you click the See More Apps button on the phone it takes you here
uploadfromtaptalk1440336883347.png

I've already downloaded and tried out 3 this morning. Bits, The Weather one and mysterious forest.
Mforest, cute but not impressed. Pujie was already considered Interactive compared to this. Apparently pujie was ahead of its time.
The weather one I tried long ago so tried it again. Pretty cool. Some neat new features. Use a photo as wallpaper and you can click to change from that to black then to white.
Bits is probably the coolest of the 3. You can pick what you want displayed and every bit is Interactive.
On the watch, all the Interactive faces have a gear symbol under them. They all have Options that can be configured from the watch. That's probably the coolest part.
Google added one face...and it sounds really freaking lame.
Android Wear Together
I'm going to need a partner to test this one out. Sajo???

More info:

Official Android Blog: Android Wear: Stay connected with interactive watch faces

Tap'n Turbo

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Android Wear Together

More info:

Official Android Blog: Android Wear: Stay connected with interactive watch faces

Tap'n Turbo

What's with the "love" face? My mom told me not to take candy from strangers.
JK.
No update for me yet, checked again this morning. They roll out in waves, so I will get it sometime soon. The Bits face seems like the only one I will try, and Skymaster which I already use....curious to see what interaction the dev added.

As far as sharing, wouldn't we have to be within blue tooth range? Or does this share via the phones internet connection? If we can share from across the country, I'll give it a try, but you are buying dinner.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, so cool.
Ver 1.3. When you click the See More Apps button on the phone it takes you here
View attachment 75375

I've already downloaded and tried out 3 this morning. Bits, The Weather one and mysterious forest.
Mforest, cute but not impressed. Pujie was already considered Interactive compared to this. Apparently pujie was ahead of its time.
The weather one I tried long ago so tried it again. Pretty cool. Some neat new features. Use a photo as wallpaper and you can click to change from that to black then to white.
Bits is probably the coolest of the 3. You can pick what you want displayed and every bit is Interactive.
On the watch, all the Interactive faces have a gear symbol under them. They all have Options that can be configured from the watch. That's probably the coolest part.
Google added one face...and it sounds really freaking lame.
Android Wear Together

More info:

Tap'n Turbo
Is that Under Armour one a fitness app or a shortcut to their website to buy their swag?
Interactive app shortcuts, ala a phones launcher, is very nice to have, if I'm understanding what you mean by the gear symbol.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is that Under Armour one a fitness app or a shortcut to their website to buy their swag?
Interactive app shortcuts, ala a phones launcher, is very nice to have, if I'm understanding what you mean by the gear symbol.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
It's an interactive watch face with activity tracking/etc.
03fdc9fb18f56939861b047aa11005a4.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm... Not sure how I feel about this new "feature". On my urbane, I can still wake the screen by taking on it, but to get to the apps/etc, it's now a long press on the button.

Might help avoid accidental activation of things, but also changes the way I do things without talking to my watch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just got the update. Trying out the bits face for a little while, see what it's all about.