Android Watch Recommendations Please!

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Would have been nice. I was too Slow. How does the LG Urbane stack up against the Newer Watches. at $229 its Cheaper and Nice looking to boot. but if its not as good Ld rather spend a little more and maybe get the Fossil Q for 295. I will keep an Eye for crazy Deals like this since Id like to get one sometime this Month!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Would have been nice. I was too Slow. How does the LG Urbane stack up against the Newer Watches. at $229 its Cheaper and Nice looking to boot. but if its not as good Ld rather spend a little more and maybe get the Fossil Q for 295. I will keep an Eye for crazy Deals like this since Id like to get one sometime this Month!
I like it. Nice enough that I didn't have any interest in upgrading when the newer ones came out. I started with the OG G Watch and upgraded to the Urbane at full-price. I don't regret the move. I don't really care for the watch to have it's own mobile data (and to pay extra each month for it). Other than that and a speaker, which I'm also not convinced that I'd really use much, I don't know that any other watch has anything more at this point in the game.

I wore mine all day yesterday and simply turned it off at the end of the day. Still at 44% after turning it back on this morning before work.

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to do my best to answer them.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree with Johnny.
His Urbane isn't "old" by any stretch. There is nothing I am aware of (other then freaking quick charge on that Asus!!!!!) that any watch has that the Urbane does not.
Still a solid choice.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank you Both for your Insite. I may Consider it especially $100 less than the Fossil or Most at that Quality.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I like it. Nice enough that I didn't have any interest in upgrading when the newer ones came out. I started with the OG G Watch and upgraded to the Urbane at full-price. I don't regret the move. I don't really care for the watch to have it's own mobile data (and to pay extra each month for it). Other than that and a speaker, which I'm also not convinced that I'd really use much, I don't know that any other watch has anything more at this point in the game.

I wore mine all day yesterday and simply turned it off at the end of the day. Still at 44% after turning it back on this morning before work.

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to do my best to answer them.
Why you can use it for a whole day and still 44% battery life left?
That must be a electronic watch,but not a smart one.:cool:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Battery life is no measure of Smartness. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Why you can use it for a whole day and still 44% battery life left?
That must be a electronic watch,but not a smart one.:cool:
Because it's a watch? Most of the day, the screen stays in ambient mode & tells me the time, date, weather, & battery levels of the watch & phone. I get notifications on it & sometimes I do voice commands.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Using it all day and still having 44% battery is not too shabby for a smart watch. Mine has been Off the charger for 16 hours and still has 41% remaining.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Because it's a watch? Most of the day, the screen stays in ambient mode & tells me the time, date, weather, & battery levels of the watch & phone. I get notifications on it & sometimes I do voice commands.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Alright,it seems that my requirement is too much to my watch.I like putting my phone in bag and using my watch talking,reading,even gaming when I'm at work.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Alright,it seems that my requirement is too much to my watch.I like putting my phone in bag and using my watch talking,reading,even gaming when I'm at work.
I can talk to my watch to set a timer or a reminder. That's the extent of the talking I want to do to my watch.
I don't want to do much reading on my watch beyond texts or emails or reminders....which I can do.
I tried gaming on my tiny watch....and it's lame.
Maybe I'm just too simple.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I can talk to my watch to set a timer or a reminder. That's the extent of the talking I want to do to my watch.
I don't want to do much reading on my watch beyond texts or emails or reminders....which I can do.
I tried gaming on my tiny watch....and it's lame.
Maybe I'm just too simple.

I can't play my phone all the time at work,I just want something rest for awhile.Anything on the tiny screen is good to drive the boring away.;)(I do not hate my job,but sometimes we need leisure)

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Looks like they had the LG Urbane again this morning. I had one in my cart and was able to order it. Look forward to getting it. I went to VZW Store and they wanted me to use it and get it on connected device for that price. I told them that was wrong. The Urbane 2 LTE is. It was sold out by the time i ordered but since it was in my cart, i got it. I will let you all know how it is once i get it. Thanks again.