Huawei Shows Off 'feminine' Styles with Watch Jewel and Watch Elegant

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-watch-jewel-840x564.jpg

Huawei has a couple of new smartwatches to show off at CES 2016. These new Android Wear devices are meant to focus on a specifically "feminine" market for smartwatches. One is called the Watch Jewel and the other is the Watch Elegant. Both devices feature the same hardware specs of the Huawei Watch, specifically: A 400 x 400 pixel AMOLED display with sapphire crystal cover, a quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 4GB of storage, and 512MB of RAM.

The real differences between all of these Huawei made smartwatches is simply aesthetics. The Jewel has a bright blue leather strap and a gold patina. It also includes 68 1.5mm Swarovski crystals surrounding the display. The Elegant ditches the crystals for a knurling pattern and has a white leather strap instead.

The Huawei Watch Jewel and Elegant will be available from March in United States, United Kingdom, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Norway, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Arab Emirates. Pricing is not yet available at this time.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think it's a smart play to market more "feminine" looking smartwatches, but I can't see my wife liking either of these styles. At least it's a step in the right direction, I guess.