Android to iPhone Switching Guide [Video]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidForums own @smalltowngirl13 is back with a new video! As many of our members know, @smalltowngirl13 is a huge fan of Android mobile smartphone tech. She owns more Android smartphones than just about anyone we have ever met, as she purchases almost every new flagship that comes out. Seriously, if she wanted to start her own smartphone business/museum with previous generation smartphones, she already has the inventory.

At any rate, this time, she decided to try out the other side of mobile tech by giving the Apple iPhone 6s Plus a shot. Even if you are a die-hard Android fan, you shouldn't scoff at her open-mindedness. No person could ever accurately accuse her of not being one of the biggest Android fans on the planet.

We appreciate that she wanted to try out how things are done in Apple-land. This is because she created this excellent demo video of how she transitioned her apps and capabilities from Android to iOS. She even figured out creative ways to create similar functionality to mimic what she loses from Android when migrating to iOS. This includes various Android specific functions and apps.

Here at DroidForums we respect that some folks use the iPhone instead of an Android. We even have a sister-site @iPhoneforums.net. The cool thing about this video is that you could just as easily reverse much of what is demonstrated in order to move from the iPhone to an Android.

Either way, the info is valuable and we appreciate @smalltowngirl13 for sharing her experience. It's almost always good to try out different perspectives. Feel free to comment in the thread below to share your opinions.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I apologize up front for the android wear section where it is not fully displayed in the video screen when I was demo'ing that part...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize up front for the android wear section where it is not fully displayed in the video screen when I was demo'ing that part...
Thanks for taking one for the team, but now time to switch back from that inferior piece of......tech.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Darla you have such a pleasant speaking voice! It's very relaxing to listen to. Good review! :)

Sent from my Note 3, using magic and TapaTalk version 2.4.15 ...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It has been a smooth transition to iOS ...without skipping a beat ...

Although we have Siri always listening even when phone locked I do miss Google Now as the main search ...it excels with my voice searches ..

6s Plus