Help Friends And Family Understand Why Android is Better than iOS with This Video

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Bullitt6996

Bullitt6996 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Great Video

I did the same comparison myself a few months back when my gf offered me her Iphone 4 to try out. I found exactly the same things compared to my D3. Although my phone is rooted, a non rooted D3 would've accomplished the same ends. Good vid, I reposted this on my fb wall to ge the word out to the uninformed. dancedroid

2. Kenny Bats

Kenny Bats Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm going to call BS on that. Switched back to "dumb phones"? Was iOS too difficult for them too? And I wouldn't call myself techjunkie without being able to operate an Android device. They are made for tech junkies. Especially the eariler devices. I am a hardware and software technician on a team of about 30 which support multiple major hospitals. All the techs use Android and management uses iOS. Some people just can't figure it out and that's fine. iPhones were made for those people. I know of 2 people that bought a Nexus and returned to get the 4S because they thought iOS just worked. Both regret making the switch. They miss the freedom of the Android OS.

FYI...Larry Page is trying to downplay Android's importance to gain an advantage in a legal battle.

3. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought nothing but top of the line android phones and none of them are worth a dime. Don't get me wrong, they have awesome hardware but android performance is severely lacking as u can see with custom roms. I've have seen how good they can be with the galaxy S 2 but still most apps are trash on the market.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Y'all shouldn't be so dogmatic...

The whole argument is pretty futile, b/c a majority of someone's opinion on how "easy" something is to use is based on their previous experiences. Heck, it took me some getting used to stock ICS on the Nexus - my initial reaction was "whoa... why this, why this... really smooth, but why this?" on the various options... especially that darn roving menu button! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Not really sure what the custom rom comment is intended to mean. As for most apps being trash, I'm going to disagree, but I can tell this conversation isn't going to go anywhere

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha. Tech junkies... Idk y u call that out when you don't even know who I am. Good to know that you stand behind an OS so vigorously. Tekjunkie has been a name I used since I was a teenager. And rightfully so when I'm the only one anyone trusts to do anything regarding electronics.

No the ppl that returned the android phones said they were lea reliable then the ones they came from. I assume as per battery life and call quality.

If either of these went to war with each other it would be a blood bath without a winner.

7. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Custom roms are much smoother in my experience and they actually made my D1 my main phone up until the nexus as I gave my wife the droid x I had.

8. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ah, well I agree with you there. The d1 was a workhorse and a half too. The dev scene is one of the biggest reasons I choose android and factors heavily in my phone choices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

9. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +169
    What I've never gotten is how VZ and all these other carriers can screw up Android so badly. All it took was running V6 supercharger with slightly different values and everything became snappy and smooth as butter on stock. How difficult is it to make such simple tweaks? Ah well.

10. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I like that I can keep using my kids mother as an example...lol

She has a Nexus S that just got updated to ICS. Prepare to be shocked....she doesnt like ICS...... and wants GB back...lol. My daughter likes ICS better tho.

My whole take from this video series is he is basically addressing what many ppl say about iOS being so easy, simple to use, just works and Android being complicated, for ppl that like to tinker. It will seem one sided because Android is always seen in a negative light about ease of use vs. iOS. Thats what I gather from the title The Truth About Android vs. iOS. To me its not about one being better than the other. In some areas I'm pretty sure they both do things better than the other.

To me its him addressing the facts or myths or whatever you wanna call it about Android vs. iOS thats repeated by so many ppl. I even say something similar in some past posts about Android vs. iOS and use my kids mother as an example. Bottom line she has used Android for 2 years and never once did she complain about not knowing or not being able to do something, or something being complicated. The way she uses Android phones...anyone can use it like she does and have absolutely no problems.

Me and her got lost with that one button setup and navigating the Settings menu on her iPhone 4. She thought she had to download a Blue tooth app to use Blue tooth for her iPhone 4. I had to go online to find out where the Blue tooth settings was in the Settings area...lol.

11. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes this has always baffled me as well - How does a team of supposedly skilled, trained and highly paid programmers do a worse job than backyard tinkerers who receive mostly no money for their labor and do this in their free time? The world may never know.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
    Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
    -Kaw Kaw-

12. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    On the lower right corner of the video you have a Youtube-Watch on Youtube button, same way you do it on a PC. You can also view the embedded video on your Android tablet, another feature an iPad isn't capable of.