Help Friends And Family Understand Why Android is Better than iOS with This Video

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing: I think the amazing parts of Android are under-emphasized and the issues are harped on far too much, with exactly the opposite true for iOS. If you look at any Apple forum, especially troubleshooting specific sites, iOS has it's fair share of problems just like Android. I see very few prominant sites--read CNET, ZDNet--that give fair and accurate perspectives on both systems. There seem to be about an equal percentage of iOS users seeing major issues after updates as there are for Android, and an equal percentage who aren't satisfied with their experience on either.

I see cases where both Android and iDevice hardware buttons have stopped working. I've seen cases where data has somehow magically been wiped from both Android and iOS after updates. I've seen cases where both stop holding a charge. I've seen both iOS and Android devices have to be reset multiple times a day. I may not be able to get widgets on iPhone without jailbreaking and paying out the nose for custom apps on Cydia, but I also can't get my Droid to scroll and transition smoothly without rooting because Android is Open Source and carriers and manufacturers are free to screw it up.

Neither system is perfect, but both are great for the people who love them.

To keep this thread positive, I'd like to thank sites like PCWorld and Engadget that seem to give fair overall assessments of hardware running on both OSes and don't let themselves be sucked into the idiocracy that is the paid blogosphere. Spread the truth, crush the hype and maybe we'll get more quality online reporting and evaluations.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

acousticshade

Reaction score
I can't think of a single person I know who went from Android to I-Phone. I do know of several who have switched to Android, especially after I pull out my phone and set it next to theirs with a nice animated wallpaper. Hey look, bigger screen, bigger virtual keyboard, more than 1 stinking button, customize the heck out of it, etc.

We have two android devices and one I-touch, so I've used both devices and I would agree on most of the points in this video. We are contemplating getting a tablet this year and I am looking heavily at the new I-pad, but, again, IOS has quite a few limitations and only 1 stinking button (well, at least it has 1 since I hear the Kindle Fire has 0). IMO the biggest strength the Apple products have going for them is the depth of the software you can get. As far as ease of use and customization, Android wins as far as I'm concerned.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only person I know of who switched from Android to Apple is my best friend. He runs an IT company and he claims he switched due to the 4S doing everything he needed easier than his old Droid X but admitted in a different conversation that he makes a ton of money off selling Apple products and most of his clients ask about solutions that involve getting their company to pay for them getting iphones/ipads. I'm a little suspicious about his motives regarding the switch...