Android tablet shopping

Re_X2

Reaction score
Hey guys im shopping around for a tablet, never owned one before so I was wondering if I could get some help browsing. Id really like to stay under $500. Any help would be great thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MsJones

Reaction score
I'm shopping for an Android tablet too and have narrowed my choices down to the Xoom and the Asus EEE Pad Transformer. I'm leaning towards the Transformer. I have heard great things about it but I admit I'm not too familiar with Asus. Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

DROID11

Reaction score
I honestly don't have a whole lot of experience with tabs, but I recommend looking into the galaxy 10.1 tab and utilize the Staples $100 off a tab coupon that expires July 30.

Sent from the best phone available aka the HTC Thunderbolt

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Any tegra 2 tab should be alright...staples carries a few different ones...some with demo units....archos has some, but they are dated...I like the acer and asus pads....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

romankc

Reaction score
I purchased my Xoom back in March and I LOVE it! That said, if I were in the market again I was looking at the Xoom as an option, I'd have to wait for the Xoom2. I'm still waiting with everyone else on the SD card slot to be activated on the 3G model and the 4G LTE radio to be installed (which by the way has to be sent away to the factory for about a week) I'm so attached, I don't know what I'm gonna do for a whole week with out it, lol. The upgrades promised by Motorola are not an urgent need for me at this point, because I'm no where near maxing out 32G on internal and as for 4G, it'll be at least another year before it is in my area. The other improvement to the Xoom2, hopefully, will be a thinner and lighter version. So just pick the priorities that are important to you for your budget, because you can't go wrong with anything Android. Good luck and let us know what you decided.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Noticed last weeks Best Buy add was a $100 price drop to $499 for the Xoom.

capecodguy

Reaction score
Noticed last weeks Best Buy add was a $100 price drop to $499 for the Xoom.

Why not go to Staples and use the $100 coupon from above?

I just picked up the Xoom wifi 32 GB for $399 yesterday. Loving it so far. It was a choice between this and the Samsung for the same price for me and I gave up the superior form factor of the Samsung for the expandability of the Xoom. To me, saving 5 ounces of heft wasn't worth giving up the ability to use micro-sd cards, a feature that was enabled with the latest 3.02 firmware upgrade.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Asus makes great devices, great laptops very powerful. I'd go with the transformer.

Probably cause I got it yesterday :) but it's great

capecodguy

Reaction score
BTW, with the Staple's coupon running until month's end, you can pick up either the Acer Iconia or the Dell Streak 7" for only $299.

Phigment

Reaction score
I'm shopping for an Android tablet too and have narrowed my choices down to the Xoom and the Asus EEE Pad Transformer. I'm leaning towards the Transformer. I have heard great things about it but I admit I'm not too familiar with Asus. Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated.

love, Love, LOVE my Transformer! Tablet + keyboard dock makes me very happy - can't take notes in class too well just using the on-screen keyboard personally.

The only thing I don't like is that Netflix streaming isn't working on the TF (yet!), was sort of hoping the 3.2 update we got last night would have fixed that but notsomuch. I understand it, Netflix, works on rooted TFs though.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I've had the transformer for just over a week and already had two updates. I had some keyboard lag online and the second update helped a lot with that. Asus had been great.

MsJones

Reaction score
Thanks Phigment! I'm still leaning towards the Asus. Are there any new tablets scheduled for release soon?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

wardo

Reaction score
I have the acer 10.1, works perfect, everything you would expect i guess. Good deal at target, $400 and you get a $50 gift card.

but my love goes to my wife's HTC flyer, that 7 inch screen makes it much more compact and lets you hold with one hand. I think i will be looking for a galaxy 7 inch or another htc for myself.

buy 2 different models and play with them for a week, you will be able to pick one quickly. since the htc flyer is almost 100% the same as my thunderbolt and Inc, it makes using it a dream.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Wouldn't u wanna try something new though. The flyer was nice but if u get a tablet go big go 10 inches.

The asus has been great so far I barely use it but no complaints at all

MsJones

Reaction score
Wouldn't u wanna try something new though. The flyer was nice but if u get a tablet go big go 10 inches.

The asus has been great so far I barely use it but no complaints at all

I definitely want a 10 inch screen. Has the axis received a Skype update? I heard you couldn't video chat on skype. Perhaps Skype needs a honeycomb update?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums