Android Tablets

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just chiming in txdoc. I got a cheapie from Verizon years ago. I believe it's running KitKat. As I only use it for all the uses you mentioned at home it's powerful enough for those tasks. Facebook, Netflix, Kindle, etc. Although I paid vz 10 bucks for a year I never used data on it. Once the contract was over I dropped the contract. I only use it over WiFi.
Works great for me. The point being.... For those uses don't go out and spend a fortune.
PS. Keep getting stronger and better every day!

Sent from my Moto Z (2)

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thank you bruben7886

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow TxDoc, you are amazing! For some reason I believe you will get back to perfect health. Keep up the fight and the great attitude. It's going to get you there.

I use to go for the 10" tablets but I found that even they were too big and now use my 7" tablet, which is plenty big enough for me. Go to a store with tablets (Best Buy, Costco, etc) to check out the different sizes to see which is going to work better for you.

Below are three tablets at Best Buy for you to compare and may suit your needs. It may help give you an idea of what you want to look for in a tablet. These ones work with WiFi & do not require a data plan. There are lots more out there that do the same. Other stores may have these same tablets for less $. I have an old Asus 7" with Android KitKat that still works fine for me.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compar...t%3DProduct%20Features~Data%20Plan%20Optional

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Soccerref12

Reaction score
Just my $.02 (couldn't find the cent symbol), I use a 7" tablet for all the things you mentioned and as a navigation screen in my truck and on my motorcycle. It has nougat and probably won't be updated beyond that. But it's fast enough so I don't care if it gets Oreo. I don't like Bluetooth keyboard, had one on a previous tablet, because a Swype keyboard is so much faster and easier. Now I do like to have the best operations system on my phone, but as long as the tablet gets the job done, I'm ok with an older ROM on it.

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Wow TxDoc, you are amazing! For some reason I believe you will get back to perfect health. Keep up the fight and the great attitude. It's going to get you there.

I use to go for the 10" tablets but I found that even they were too big and now use my 7" tablet, which is plenty big enough for me. Go to a store with tablets (Best Buy, Costco, etc) to check out the different sizes to see which is going to work better for you.

Below are three tablets at Best Buy for you to compare and may suit your needs. It may help give you an idea of what you want to look for in a tablet. These ones work with WiFi & do not require a data plan. There are lots more out there that do the same. Other stores may have these same tablets for less $. I have an old Asus 7" with Android KitKat that still works fine for me.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/compare?skus=4943611,5386700,5623322&url=/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&type=page&id=pcat17071&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat209000050008&st=categoryid%24pcmcat209000050008&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Samsung%5Ebrand_facet%3DBrand~Asus%5Eoperatingsystem_facet%3DOperating%20System~Android%5Efeaturesdynamic_facet%3DProduct%20Features~Wi-Fi%20Built-in%5Efeaturesdynamic_facet%3DProduct%20Features~Data%20Plan%20Optional

Thanks. I'm just moving forward. Having seen veterans missing limbs and going straight ahead, I can't see not following. Like Bob Tallman said about professional.bull riding.. "This ain't no mommas boy's picnic"'

I found this about Asus tablet as Oreo:
Asus ZenPad 3s 10 Official Android Oreo 8.0 Update

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Just my $.02 (couldn't find the cent symbol), I use a 7" tablet for all the things you mentioned and as a navigation screen in my truck and on my motorcycle. It has nougat and probably won't be updated beyond that. But it's fast enough so I don't care if it gets Oreo. I don't like Bluetooth keyboard, had one on a previous tablet, because a Swype keyboard is so much faster and easier. Now I do like to have the best operations system on my phone, but as long as the tablet gets the job done, I'm ok with an older ROM on it.
I've used swype since it was a beta years ago and love it. That's cool you use a tablet on your motorcycle for navigation!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My tablet is stuck on Lollipop, but I don't mind. For the things I use it for (e mail, e books, movies, forum browsing, etc) it works just fine. I like to have close to the latest OS on my phone but don't really care what version is on my tablet. Just my opinion though, we all have our own preferences.

Hope you can find a decent tablet that fits your budget and your needs TxDoc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I ordered the:
ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 9.7" (2048x1536), 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, 5MP Front / 8MP Rear Camera, Android 6.0, Tablet, Titanium Gray (Z500M-C1-GR)
And a 128GB SanDisk card

Where did you order it from and how much was it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You're going to love it TxDoc! Congratulations on your new tech.