Android N officially revealed to be Nougat!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Android-Nougat.jpg

Android N is officially Android Nougat! Google I/O, CEO Sundar Pichai announced that Google would be taking user submitted names for the next version of Android, and also made it clear that the name would not be Namey McNameface. The loudest contingent of fans has been hoping that the name of Android N would be Nutella, but it appears that Android KitKat might end up being the only branded version of Android. Nougat is the Choice. What do you guys think about the name Nougat?

Source

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That was my vote. I like it, but I wonder what the heck they're gonna do for an "icon" or picture representation of something with no real shape...?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That was my vote. I like it, but I wonder what the heck they're gonna do for an "icon" or picture representation of something with no real shape...?
How many nougats have you eaten today, last week or even in your life? I've never had one. It's not an american dessert.

Nutella isn't a dessert at all. They should have just gone with numbnuts. That way everyone wins.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How many nougats have you eaten today, last week or even in your life? I've never had one. It's not an american dessert.
Seriously? Who HASN'T had nougat this year!? Not an American dessert?! :confused:

Snickers is a brand name chocolate bar made by the American company Mars, Incorporated. Consisting of nougat topped with caramel and peanuts, enrobed in milk chocolate, Snickers has annual global sales of $2 billion
The Milky Way bar is a chocolate bar manufactured and distributed by the Mars confectionery company. The American version of the Milky Way bar is made of chocolate-malt nougat topped with caramel and covered with milk chocolate and sold as the Mars bar everywhere else. The Milky Way is available everywhere else as well, but it is a different chocolate bar, with a character all of its own.
That's just off the top of my head. Thanks to Wikipedia for the official word.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Well I bet "O" will be Oreo. lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously? Who HASN'T had nougat this year!? Not an American dessert?! :confused:

I'm with Musty. You don't eat A nougat.
You eat a Cupcake, a Donut, you eat a Jelly Bean, eat an Ice Cream Sandwich, eat a bowl of Froyo, eat some Gingerbread, eat a Kit Kat, roast a Marshmallow....
you... eat a ... candy bar.... that has some... nougat... IN it? Um...no.
Can you even BUY nougat separately?

I voted for Neapolitan....

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

That's just off the top of my head. Thanks to Wikipedia for the official word.
Let's drop wiki.

Nougat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nougat (US pronunciation: /ˈnuːɡət/ noo-gət; UK /ˈnuːɡɑː/ noo-gaa or UK /ˈnʌɡət/ nug-gat;[1][2][3][4] French pronunciation: [nu.ɡa]) is a family of confections made with sugar or honey, roasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts are common), whipped egg whites, and sometimes chopped candied fruit. The consistency of nougat is chewy, and it is used in a variety of candy bars and chocolates. The word nougat comes from Occitan pan nogat (pronounced [ˈpa nuˈɣat]), seemingly from Latin panis nucatus'nut bread' (the late colloquial Latin adjective nucatum means 'nutted' or 'nutty').

There are three basic kinds of nougat. The first, and most common, is white nougat ("mandorlato" or "torrone" in Italy), made with beaten egg whites and honey; it appeared in Cremona, Italy, in the early 15th century, in Alicante, Spain, probably earlier but with the first published recipe in the 16th century,[5] and in Montélimar, France, in the 18th century. The second is brown nougat (nougatinein French), which is made without egg whites and has a firmer, often crunchy texture. The third is the Viennese or German nougatwhich is essentially a chocolate and nut (usually hazelnut) praline.
Where is it an american dessert? Snickers has Nougat in IT but it's not Nougat. Go to your local gas station and ask for a Nougat bar.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My pick was Nutella!
So did I, but with Nutella being a brand name I could see them going the generic route, despite them going kit kat a few years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk