Android Market "My Apps" is blank

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Yes, mine appear to be sticking around, even after several times exiting and re-opening the market.

Never mind, mine are staying as well. Figured out what I did wrong. I was clearing market data, they seem to be sticking around now as well.

shaggykid

Reaction score
I have a problem with my updates. My notification bar will say I have 8 updates for example but when I click it and it directs me to market only 2 will show up.

Also have the missing app problem although I don't use the market yo manage anyway

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Skarekroh

Reaction score
When I try this fix, I clear cache/force stop on market, force stop/clear data on framework, then attempt to open Market, and receive "Server error" and never-ending loop of tapping the Retry button. I can at that point reboot, and open Market normally, but the "My Apps" is still barren.

DrJay

Reaction score
Notes as I have noticed after applying fix:
clearing dalvik cache causes the problem to recurr
sometimes rebooting after 'fix' causes problem to recurr
only paid and installed apps appear- I have several paid apps not installed that do not appear

I am running cm7.1 android 2.3.7 and market 3.3.11 for over 30 days and just started having this problem. I think the prob is a change made to the market online

Migamix

Reaction score
"your to blame, i thought it was the real thing"

Someone else on XDA solved it by deleting MarketEnabler and PaidApps.apk (never heard of PaidApps.apk) .
So I am almost sure it has NOTHING to do with the Google Servers nor Youre Google accounts.

For some reason the problem occurs when having some app installed.

so you are saying, all of the sudden an app magically appeared on my STOCK, NO APP INSTALLED (other than the bloatware that came with the phone) device, that was NOT rooted. and i should go hunt for said app in hopes that randomly deleting it will solve my problem... ill get right on that sir.

black-market/clear-market, they actually worked in the past.
if you read thru all of the things people have tried, and failed to get resolution (this topic exists on other DEV forums, and they cant even solve it), it will become apparent it is a GOOGLE issue, its almost as if they have misplaced the DB address file. or changed an IP. noone knows because google is doing nothing about it.. its a back burner issue to them, just like giving a release date on a flagship device announced ages ago.

Stefan82

Reaction score
...only paid and installed apps appear- I have several paid apps not installed that do not appear...

Well to me it seems that you should not worry. If you paid for am app but it's not installed then why would you care about updates? Just asking.

Also is anyone with this problem having issues buying apps? I tried to buy an app the other day and it came back worth a cancellation email.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I haven't tried purchasing an app yet, nor will I anytime soon.

This problem, and Googles lack of support for it, along with the SEVERE lag issues on my one month old Droid X have me doubting my stance as a long time Android fan-boy. Then, just a minute ago when my phone rang and I was unable to answer it because the lock screen appeared instead of the "answer call" screen, I d@mn near lost my mind. And to top it all off, my notification bar was missing, so I couldn't even see whose call I missed.

It pains me to say this, but I'm really starting to hate this phone / android / this combination of android and phone. I've been up for my NE2 discount for a few months now (waiting for GN), and all I have to say is that el'Goog is lucky that the 4S doesn't have a 4.3" screen... I'd probably be on my way to pick one up right now. Instead I'm going to hold out for the Nexus, but the first time ICS lags like GB does, I'm OUT! (I might even say f-it and go back to a feature phone)

I haven't been this frustrated in a LOOOONG time. It shouldn't be this way.

P.S. My last Droid X met it's demise when I spiked it into the ground due to similar problems as those described above.

PPS. Sorry I got off topic... I had to vent.

DrJay

Reaction score
Well to me it seems that you should not worry. If you paid for am app but it's not installed then why would you care about updates? Just asking.

Its called being thorough... I was noting my observations on this problem as another poster didn't see all of their paid apps after applying this 'fix'

Sorry. I was just being as accurate as possible...since you asked.

Back on topic: what versions of market/Google services framework is everyone using?
My problem is with aosp 2.3.7 market 3.3.11 and gsf 2.3.4
(I am starting to think its gsf 2.3.4 causing the prob)

Sorry. Just throwing things at the wall...

Last edited:

hasbrobot

Reaction score
My google services framework is version 2.3.3 and mine has been not working for about 2 weeks

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
So, the "fix" that a few of us tried a few posts back only worked temporarily (for me at least). I went through and updated all of my apps last night and then afterwards (I didn't check before updating my apps) the "My Apps" list is blank once again.:mad:

Has anyone tried SBFing back to a completely clean system? I may give this a shot today unless I hear from someone else that it didn't work.

kamisan

Reaction score
In old d1 it works on my bionic stock or modded 'my apps ' goes blank shortly after using it. I have a few devices linked to the same gmail and all are modded but bionic is The only one with broken market. Wondering if Google the latest os system builds is the issue. My TB and d1 have no issue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Murphy47

Reaction score
I too wish to put my DX in the toaster sometimes:mad:. However. I think it is Google and not the phone. What I have done is this:Go to manage apps. Uninstall all updates to ANY Google app. DO NOT open the apps as it will automatically update. Reboot. Return to manage apps. Uninstall updates to ANY Verizon app. Do not open app. also any email app especially GMAIL. The updates dont seem to work, and since they auto update when you open the app, problems start again.
This will not fix the problem since it comes from Google, but it will at least make your phone not become "Toasted". Update on line, or if you must update over the device, make sure to delete the market update when you are finished.
If you are losing it over this try turning on one of your old phones, or getting a cheap on from amazon til this problem is fixed. We shouldnt have to do all this, but it's not worth your sanity to keep banging your heads.
Hope this helps some of you.

hasbrobot

Reaction score
So, the "fix" that a few of us tried a few posts back only worked temporarily (for me at least). I went through and updated all of my apps last night and then afterwards (I didn't check before updating my apps) the "My Apps" list is blank once again.:mad:

Has anyone tried SBFing back to a completely clean system? I may give this a shot today unless I hear from someone else that it didn't work.

Read post 32

In my attempt to correct this frackus, my effort included the following

1. factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

2. sbf back to build 602 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

3. take the ota to build 605 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

4. sbf to froyo (340) factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

5. It is now the 3rd day and it has not fixed itself, and also to guess it may not be an issue on Google's end. I signed into my Google account on a friends thunderbolt, and low and behold there were my apps! So it is presumably an issue on my phone. or so I thought. Until now.

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I ran across this thread this morning, and I couldn't help but wonder: Have any of you checked your accounts/apps lists via market.android.com? If you can see them there, maybe you can re-download them to your phones from there and get a fresh start...

good luck,
john