Android Market "My Apps" is blank

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Just installed the new market update 3.3.12 as of this morning. I was hoping this could be some fix as the build number is only 1 off from 3.3.11. Of course the problem is still there.
:frown:

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Hmm.. Just now noticed that my other gmail account is showing blank "my apps"as well, when it wasn't before. Could the problem be getting worse?

Last edited:

Migamix

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I ran across this thread this morning, and I couldn't help but wonder: Have any of you checked your accounts/apps lists via market.android.com? If you can see them there, maybe you can re-download them to your phones from there and get a fresh start...

good luck,
john

the issue is , the myapps listing does not show up, so unless we have a third part market app like "appbrain" installed and running, we have no idea if there is an update available for apps we paid for... the additional problem is we DO have the third part option to get updates installed, so we4 have become complacent in our *****ing to google.
i was considering going to get the HTC Rezound today, because in short words, Motorola can stuff their software hosed Droid X up and thru themselves... but i changed my mind, im about done with Verizon and locking down devices, along with Google just not giving a flying #%@....
i have some time this weekend so i will be focusing on this isse a bit more today... im about to SBF back, pull some files from stock , and try to compare what i can.. i will be sending google yet another email about how the issue is not closed, and to not close the ticket, i would recommend everyone with this EXACT same issue to email the issue to google RIGHT NOW... i get the feeling my email too google is not going to be very calm sounding today

Migamix

Reaction score
Just installed the new market update 3.3.12 as of this morning. I was hoping this could be some fix as the build number is only 1 off from 3.3.11. Of course the problem is still there.
:frown:

i have had no luck with ANY version of the market...new old anything

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
to the people that are getting only paid apps to show up. could you install a free app and see if that populates your "my apps"

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Some more discouraging / encouraging news for me; I set up my gmail account on my wife's OG droid (which was originally mine back in the day) and I get the same problem with "my apps" in the market, however I did get the paid apps showing up at least. *so that's the discouraging part*

Now for the encouraging part. Last night I finally got around to installing the alpha build of Cyanogenmod onto one of my "fire sale" HP Touchpads. After installing Android and manually installing Google Apps, I set up my gmail account and low-and-behold, all of my apps began downloading automatically. The "My Apps" list populates as it should with all apps (paid AND free) showing up with update notifications.

Hmmm... I know others have already said that they have multiple devices using the same gmail account, and only device has the problem, but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

michiuco

Reaction score
I removed the SD card and all the apps installed on my phone appeared. When I put it back the problem was the same. So I suspect there is some kind of problem when market links the apps from the card...
Hope this will help someone...

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I removed the SD card and all the apps installed on my phone appeared. When I put it back the problem was the same. So I suspect there is some kind of problem when market links the apps from the card...
Hope this will help someone...

No such luck here... Tried it, and it made no difference. Thanks for the input though.

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
Found a small fix guys, thanks to dark_angel on rootzwiki.com, which is to do the following:

1. Goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

2. Press the "All" tab

3. Find and press "Market"

4. Press "Clear Cache" & " Force Stop" & DO NOT PRESS "Clear Data"

5. Go back to "All" tab

6. Find and press "Google Service Framework"

7. Press "Clear Data" & if you can press "Force Stop"

8. Go back to home screen

9. Open Market, wait for it to fully load

10. Once loaded open "My Apps" & you will get an error

11. Go back to home screen and restart phone

12. Let your phone fully load

13. Once the phone is loaded, open Market, wait for it to fully load

14. Once loaded open "My Apps"

Let me know if this works or what works. It loaded some apps but not all and now I don't have a blank screen in "My Apps"

Will update with more info if I very them all back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums
after step 7 i get a server error in my market and i cannot even get the main screen to show up on the market. any ideas?

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
awh damnit this worked before so i tried it again and now it's not working. weird.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Wow, no action in this thread for 3 days... we're becoming complacent. :angry: I guess there's not much we can do though but sit and wait.