Market: stuck at Starting Download on all apps

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kdmorse, Jul 2, 2010.

1. kdmorse

kdmorse New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My market application seems to have become terribly confused, and will no longer install new, or update existing applications. All apps go into a state of "Starting Download...", and hang there indefinitely. Running rooted 2.1.

I did recently put 2.2. on. I did then restore to my pre-2.2 backup (unrelated reasons) - restored all filesystems with sprecovery. I did clear the cache for both operations. I think I was able to install apps right before I did this, so I'm sure it's related.

I have removed market updates. I have cleared the market's cache. I have cleared the cache for all google applications I could think might be related. I've googled and found a couple of other suggestions.

Any other suggestions? If this is a generic "I restored everything from a backup, and confused the Market state" problem, I'm sure someone here must have run into it before...

Thanks,

-Ken

2. ecstatic waffle

ecstatic waffle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This happens to all of my apps set to automatically update. I assumed it was a FroYo problem. I always cancel the downloads and then manually update them, and they usually install correctly after that.
    Other than that, I can't find a way to fix it, either.

Search tags for this page
android market app download froze

android market app update stuck