Android market stuck at "Started download..."

rda990

Reaction score
My android market is frozen at the "Started download..." after any update or app I download. It will not download or start at all.I know its not a space issue since I deleted almost all apps and it still wouldn't work.I tried it over wi-fi and 3G and still wouldn't work.I still haven't tried to purchase an app and get it refunded(some people said it worked) . I factory restored it and it worked,but I shouldn't have to do that and lose all my stuff to make it work.

EDIT:The only thing I think may be the reason is that I got a new phone so I restored a nandroid backup to this phone,from the old phone,which means this phone didn't get activated with google servers and thinks its the old phone,but I hope there is a fix.
I restored a ROM from my old phone into this one (same 2.0.1) and it works,it just wont work with the current ROM i have right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you gone into settings/application settings/manage applications/market/clear cache

Taegost

Reaction score
I have that issue every now and than. I fix it by clearing the cache and data like the above poster mentioned

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
Yeah I already tried that it wont even work after that,even if I buy something it is stuck at the "Validating purchase..." bar.

msilvia

Reaction score
I had problems ever since installing the latest text to speech update. I went to application settings and force stopped the text to speech app, and my stalled downloads all started right away.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
I don't use text to speech,but tried it anyways and couldn't find the app to force close =/.

msilvia

Reaction score
It was a lucky guess in my case. I don't have the experience with android os to provide much in the way of insight, but if you remember any of your apps hanging or otherwise behaving badly recently, you might try stopping it. Some processes seem to be able to interfere with downloads... or else the suddenness of mine starting is an incredible coincidence.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
I restored a ROM from my old phone into this one (same 2.0.1) and it works,it just wont work with the current ROM i have right now. Is there a way to somehow delete the google account that it is paired up with right now (without restoring the whole phone) and set it up again? Or is there a way to somehow "reinstall the market to see if that is the problem??? I have over 30 apps that need to be updated lol.

msilvia

Reaction score
It's happened to me a few additional times now, and that first workaround hasn't done the trick again. One time, opening the talk app did it. Since then, it's happened twice, and the only thing I found that worked was powering off, removing the battery, removing the microSD card, putting it all back, and rebooting.

OP
rda990

rda990

Reaction score
It's happened to me a few additional times now, and that first workaround hasn't done the trick again. One time, opening the talk app did it. Since then, it's happened twice, and the only thing I found that worked was powering off, removing the battery, removing the microSD card, putting it all back, and rebooting.

Yeah the "opening gtalk" thing hasnt done anything for me,ill try the removing battery/microSD card now.

hooah212002

Reaction score
Yeah the "opening gtalk" thing hasnt done anything for me,ill try the removing battery/microSD card now.

I have this problem after every reboot. When it does, I open gtalk and sign out then sign back in. Then I am good until I reboot again. Hopefully there is an actual fix for this somewhere.