Android Market "My Apps" is blank

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
This is getting old.....i keep checking in hopes it will show my apps.

I've pretty much given up. I'm planning on getting the Nexus on day one and I'm just hoping that the problem doesn't carry over.:angry:

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up. I'm planning on getting the Nexus on day one and I'm just hoping that the problem doesn't carry over.:angry:

Same here, I'm jumping to the nexus as well but I can't update untill jan 5

Murphy47

Reaction score
Hi there all! I signed into this forum to share what I have found. Man, you make a girl jump thru a lot of hoops to get here!
Please forgive ramble, I am sort of n00b, but may have an insight on of you may be able to find a work around for. DX GB market 3.3.11 stock.
I have been recouping from an op and have kept myself entertained by searching for obscure apps with no special permissions in the market. So I have become real familiar with what the market looks like day to day, even day to night.
Every so often Google(?) or someone changes the pix/ads in the market app. After the latest ad/pic change, the whole market went wonky on many phones no matter what model or version a user has. If you clear cache/reboot/uninstall the market works for a minute until the auto update kicks in and weirdness happens. It works b/c the bug/virus/glitch is in one of this months ads/pix. That is why it works for a minute or 5 until the update kicks in.
Contacted Verizon and Motorola AND Google. They all deny it's in one of the pix, told me I must be hacking my phone. As if I knew how. ( I do know what the function keys are for however :) )
Maybe one of you really techie people can investigate and let me know what you find? Thanks for listening.

kamisan

Reaction score
Not a fix but app brain will find ur updates and often ones that the market is not even prompting for. I did the market framework fix and 11 apps showed until next boot .. then blank page but the pc market is showing my apps and does let me install from web to phone. Google claims its my custom rom... maybe it is ota's that are unnoficial. Regardless it is irritating.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
Stated earlier here and confirmed as the one work around that actually does work.
So, please quit posting unless you can provide real input from Google, etc.
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

The STATED HERE AS THE WORKAROUND so please quit posting. seriously? Well I am sure that makes it the one perfect fix all for everyone! Quick post a sticky on all the forums- LOL
Check my posts, I do try to help, just was adding to this.

settle down- The problem is GOOGLES but it seems they are cracking down on anything not stock provided by the cell phone provider and not in a blanket way. MANY Stock non leaked OTA and old NoN modded android devices are working fine. In my house we have 3 tablets, one thunderbolt, 2 D1's all working all on the same account all with ZERO market issues. The thunderbolt has a BAMF rom, D1 a liberty and the other D1 Liquid All have working markets all tied to the same account. The bionic with 886 works- up to 893 it stops, add custom rom no better. People complaining about the "my apps missing are all over the map as to what their individual issue that caused it is. There is some build prop issues, I believe are part of the issue. The new markets use the provider and country codes to determine market ability. The contact with google was email support that I had escalated until I finally had a reply that they were able to see that my current config was not stock, not even showing verizon as my carrier. (I had mentioned that in the market devices my phone was not showing as the others) I made some build prop edits, then verizon showed up but my country code did not. I was told that the non supported OTA update or ROM was not showing a country code and the market would not link up correctly. Clearing cache, stopping services and messing with framework only gets you a temp fix if you have anything causing the market to no longer link. Market versions do not seem to matter except the older ones seem to re connect faster before re loosing the database links. The online mention was to help those who are reloading and do not want to search for each app they had installed and do not like titanium backup to restore. https://market.android.com/ Is where you go to see your library, and devices and how I was able to see when a build prop edit changed my provider. ( I was able to get verizon back up as my provider) That is just part. The appbrain thing is just a work around. Supposedly some people have used some tablet build prop edits and that fixed it for them. Check XDA developers- though I would not recommend overwriting your build prop since you can seriously screw up your phone.

Also if you push apps from the https://market.android.com they will show in your market- until you reboot or stop the service and restart it. (tried this also and had links and auto updates for one session)

If I find a solid complete fix I will post it- Except for guilden_NL. :< jk

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
OK TRY THIS!!! Use the https://market.android.com/ and name your device first in the device page./ Go to the bottom of the page find My Market AccountClick it. You will have to be signed into google, Gmail or whatever will work. , then go to the apps you want and click install to your device- The web will push the install to your device and create a link that will show in MY APPS in the market.
EVERYTHING you installed from the online link will be showing there. Auto update works again. This is a PAIN IN THE BUTT but IT WORKS. It relinks the databases and My apps works again.

EVEN My apps that I used to use but no longer use are showing up in the not installed section.

If I see any issues I will edit- but for now- my market is fixed. (sorry Guilden_NL I reposted)

Derekweb

Reaction score
Market has real problems.
1-last few page of my apps library disappeared weeks ago never to return
2-when you update your devices to not display previous devices, they miraculously reappear in a few days.

Goggle is very innovative, but their QA regression testing method seems to be non-existent

hasbrobot

Reaction score
For anyone suffering this problem try this. So far this is the only thing that has made any head way to this point. I'm not sure its a permanent fix yet or not. If not then the problem is related to "google services framework"

Goto Settings –> Applications –>Manage Applications –> All Apps –> Scroll down to Market –> Force Stop & Clear Data

then go to Google Services Framework –> Force Stop & Clear Data. Then reboot

Please understand if this brings any results itmay not be permanent. I still believe this is a problem on googles end.

(update)
It's without a doubt on googles end, during this process a couple things occurred.
I uninstalled the market updates as well and after the reboot step “my apps" once again at the least showed my paid apps but thats it.

Then once the market decided it was going to update itself it all went by by!
Not sure what google messed up but it's on their end people.

New market the catylist? Hmmm.. Who knows?

Last edited:

jfourman

Reaction score
Things changed a little today on my D3 Market. Rather than a blank gray screen, I now get a screen that displays my gmail account name and says: "Applications and games owned by this account will appear here". There are buttons for "Browse apps" and "Browse games". The buttons take you to the respective Market links.

I do believe that this is a Google issue that they are aware of and trying to correct.....unsuccessfully.

jfrancis

Reaction score
Things changed a little today on my D3 Market. Rather than a blank gray screen, I now get a screen that displays my gmail account name and says: "Applications and games owned by this account will appear here". There are buttons for "Browse apps" and "Browse games". The buttons take you to the respective Market links.

That just means you got the latest market update. It's what I see as well.

kamisan

Reaction score
This wouldn't be so funny if you were not so immature.

Anyone reading all of this, please forgive me-

So Guilden_NL heres the emails-
Email #1 -
Greetings,

Thank you kindly for contacting me today. I'd be more than happy to assist
you further, but first I'll need some additional information. Could you
please answer the following:

- The exact steps you went through that resulted in this issue

- Any error messages you see

- When did this start occurring?

- Are all applications missing from he My Apps section of the Market?

As soon as I receive this additional information, I'll be happy to assist
you further.

Regards,

Elijah
The Android Market Team

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Subject: Your question about Android Market
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 03:16:43 +0000

>
>
> AutoDetectedBrowser: Safari 4
> AutoDetectedOS: Android 2.3
> Description: No apps show in my apps. If I search an app I have
installed
> it shows installed in that window only but no apps show in my apps
> IIILanguage: en
> IssueType: market_phone_tablet
> Language: en
> android_app_name:
> android_os_device: 2.3.4
> android_os_other:
> device_manufacturer: motorola
> device_manufacturer_other:
> device_model: bionic!
> first_name_optional: David
> hidden_country: US
> phone_issue_select: missing_apps

EMAIL #2
Hello there,

Thank you very much for your response today. To assist on this matter, I
would like you to try the following:

1) Go to "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Manage
applications"
2) Touch the "All" tab
3) Scroll down and select the Market app
4) Touch "Uninstall updates"

This will revert Android Market to the original version that came with
your device. Android Market should automatically self-update to the
current version within a few days.

If you continue to experience issues after temporarily uninstalling
updates, please let me know, and I would be happy to continue to
troubleshoot.

Regards,

Elijah
The Android Market Team

Email #3
Hi,

Thanks for writing in. My name is Dean. I'll be assisting with this issue.

I recommend you perform a factory reset on your device. Please note that
this will reset your device to its original state. While your media
content (photos, music, etc.) will not be deleted from the SD card,
applications and their related data will be uninstalled.

Before the factory reset, make sure that your contacts are synced to your
Google account by signing into Gmail from a computer and verifying if your
contacts appear there. If your contacts are not synced, then I recommend
updating your sync settings at Settings > Accounts and Sync and choosing
either AutoSync or touching the account you would like to sync and
choosing "Sync Contacts."

Along with syncing contacts, please back up any important application data
and/or settings by navigating to Settings > Privacy and selecting "Back
up my data'"and "Automatic restore."

To perform a factory reset:

1) Go to Home > Menu > Settings > Privacy (or Phone storage; depends on
the device)
2) Press "Factory data reset"
3) Press "Reset phone" (or "Reset tablet")

After you perform the factory reset, make sure you sign into your device
with the same primary Google Account you were using before.

If you have any questions or concerns before performing the reset, or if
doing so does not resolve the issue, please let me know so I can continue
to investigate the issue.

Regards,

Dean
The Android Market Team

Email #4
Hi Dave,

Thanks for writing back. You are correct, the carrier is not being shown,
in fact there are several potential issues with the Bionic. The Sim card
does not show a country code, the OS is not approved by Google, and the
carrier is not known.

Have you installed an Android operating system on your device that has not
been authorized by your device's manufacturer or rooted your device? I
can troubleshoot your issue to the best of my abilities, but please be
aware that unauthorized operating systems (custom ROMs) may have limited
functionality due to the compatibility of the device. For best results, I
recommend using the authorized Android operating system provided by your
manufacturer that can be obtained from their website or your carrier.

Whenever a device manufacturer releases a new update of the Android OS, it
must be submitted to Google for approval. Until the update is approved,
devices that receive the new update are unable to access copy-protected
apps.

According to our records, the version of the Android OS that is installed
on your device has not been approved.

I recommend that you make sure your SIM card is properly installed. If it
is, then I recommend that you visit your service provider to resolve the
issue with the SIM card.

If you have any other questions about Android Market that I can help you
with, please let me know.

Regards,

Dean
The Android Market Team

SO....
I never claimed to have a fix, I found a short fix that worked for a short time, nothing permanent.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This thread has become unproductive and filled with senseless bickering. Its closed.

LLR0717

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok ladies and gentlemen. This thread is being reopened. We all need to play nice and work together to help solve or at least help remedy this issue. Please no further infighting or arguing in this thread.

Thanks.

LLR0717