Android Market "My Apps" is blank

Murphy47

Reaction score
I have done all the things listed above several times also. What I posted is what works for me as I stated. I do not have a "fix" since I am not an IT person. You can try to speak to Google, but I have 11 emails instructing me to do exactly what has been listed above.
Some devices will not work with the latest update. I personally think the hang-up comes from the latest pix since the old market works fine, and the market and related apps can be viewed on desktops,etc. Attempting to load the newest graphics seems to be the hang-up on my device, and deleting ALL Google updates, followed by deleting all Verizon updates got my device working again. While I am not able to use many features, it is a bummer. I can at least make phone calls and recieve emails. If it doesn't work for you, I sorry, and I hope there is a fix soon. I am just as frustrated as everyone else.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Read post 32

In my attempt to correct this frackus, my effort included the following

1. factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

2. sbf back to build 602 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

3. take the ota to build 605 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

4. sbf to froyo (340) factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

5. It is now the 3rd day and it has not fixed itself, and also to guess it may not be an issue on Google's end. I signed into my Google account on a friends thunderbolt, and low and behold there were my apps! So it is presumably an issue on my phone. or so I thought. Until now.

Ah, OK. I though I read that someone had tried SBFing at some point. Oh well. I guess I wait for Nexus release and if the problem follows me, well... I'm not sure what I'll do.

Skarekroh

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did just get an email indicating that Goog is pushing out a new Market that incorporates a music store for Google Music, which just graduated from Beta - that might be tied to what we're seeing. New Market should be arriving OTA in the next few days...

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I did just get an email indicating that Goog is pushing out a new Market that incorporates a music store for Google Music, which just graduated from Beta - that might be tied to what we're seeing. New Market should be arriving OTA in the next few days...

Hmmmm... food for thought right there. I do have a Google Music account with lots of music uploaded, so maybe it's related.

SeeJayEmm

Reaction score
Found a small fix guys, thanks to dark_angel on rootzwiki.com, which is to do the following:
1. Goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
2. Press the "All" tab
3. Find and press "Market"
4. Press "Clear Cache" & " Force Stop" & DO NOT PRESS "Clear Data"
5. Go back to "All" tab
6. Find and press "Google Service Framework"
7. Press "Clear Data" & if you can press "Force Stop"
8. Go back to home screen
9. Open Market, wait for it to fully load
10. Once loaded open "My Apps" & you will get an error
11. Go back to home screen and restart phone
12. Let your phone fully load
13. Once the phone is loaded, open Market, wait for it to fully load
14. Once loaded open "My Apps"

Let me know if this works or what works. It loaded some apps but not all and now I don't have a blank screen in "My Apps"

Will update with more info if I very them all back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Followed the above steps, was shown a list of my purchased apps but not the free ones.
Installed an update to 1 purchased app I have.
Went back to the My App screen and it was still showing my purchased apps.
Opened Market Settings for a moment. Pressed the back button. Initially populated the list with just paid apps again and then switched to the blank screen.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
Followed the above steps, was shown a list of my purchased apps but not the free ones.
Installed an update to 1 purchased app I have.
Went back to the My App screen and it was still showing my purchased apps.
Opened Market Settings for a moment. Pressed the back button. Initially populated the list with just paid apps again and then switched to the blank screen.

Yeah, I first noticed that mine was back to the blank screen again only after updating some apps as well.

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
Yeah, I first noticed that mine was back to the blank screen again only after updating some apps as well.
same thing happened here. i cleared framework and market cache and then i was getting a server error, restarted phone, still server error cleared data and that worked. updated an app and installed an old app thinking i could populate the list that way (was an old work around a long time ago) and closed market, opened market, went to my apps, and blank screen

mixgenio

Reaction score
Every morning I check the market on my phone in the deseperate hope that somehow Google has fixed this whole my apps being blank issue. This morning, I noticed that My Apps are back in the Market!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

PS. I am on Liberty 3 with my Droid 2. I didn't do anything to my phone to get the apps back and my market is still 3.3.11. Google simply pushed a fix to me I guess.

Skarekroh

Reaction score
I think the fix is in the new market with music built in. Although I don't have a new version number in my Market, I now have the ability to download songs through the market. To anyone still experiencing issues, try to force the market to update. You will know you have it when you see music listed on the front page.

Updated Android Market with Google Music now rolling out in earnest | Android Central

Hmm...nope. My market wants to sell me a Busta Rhymes track now, but my 'My Apps' is still blank for my primary account. I even bought the music to see if that would have any effect, and I hate rap. No dice.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I think the fix is in the new market with music built in.

Unfortunately that's not the case. I have the music link on the front page of my market app (still version 3.3.11), but no apps in "My Apps".

Robin_M

Reaction score
Have you read any of this thread? Several of us, myself included, have gone back to a completely stock system and the problem remains. It's not an app that is causing this.
I agree 100%. I went back to complete stock setup, downloaded a few apps from the market, and still nothing appears. Problem HAS to be on Googles end.

Robin_M

Reaction score
So, the "fix" that a few of us tried a few posts back only worked temporarily (for me at least). I went through and updated all of my apps last night and then afterwards (I didn't check before updating my apps) the "My Apps" list is blank once again.:mad:

Has anyone tried SBFing back to a completely clean system? I may give this a shot today unless I hear from someone else that it didn't work.
Same here. "Fix" is only temporary, and only shows paid apps. "My Apps" becomes blank again after a reboot, unless Google Services Framework is stopped agtain.

I have tried SBF'ing back to stock with no positive results. Problem persists even then.

Robin_M

Reaction score
I think the fix is in the new market with music built in. Although I don't have a new version number in my Market, I now have the ability to download songs through the market. To anyone still experiencing issues, try to force the market to update. You will know you have it when you see music listed on the front page.

Updated Android Market with Google Music now rolling out in earnest | Android Central
That version with music is Market version 3.3.11. I had unintalled it earlier, but it was pushed to my phone again last evening. However it did NOT resolve the "My Apps" issue for me. I still get no apps showing, or if I clear data for Google Services Framework, I get paid apps only until the next reboot when it goes blank again.