Android Market "My Apps" is blank

digitalhippie

Reaction score
Having the same problem. Started on my DroidX a week or two ago. Thought it might get better when I upgraded to the Razr this week... but no such luck. Market will not show my apps. Tried clearing market data, tried uninstalling market updates, tried factory reset, tried installing from market.android.com... nothing works. I have to use AppBrain to update apps since market is useless now.

Migamix

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up. I'm planning on getting the Nexus on day one and I'm just hoping that the problem doesn't carry over.:angry:

i planned on getting a nexus too, but if this is the Google experience, im going to hope Ubuntu gets on phones soon, i love android, but google is dropping balls, and i dont mean they are maturing... this is getting old, not them.. there is nothing but news about google just giving up... google TV/Logitec is one of the latest.. its sad..
and i used to love motorola, i was a hardcore moto supported from their chips in my Amigas (even a tech blind EX laughed when i said, dont buy moto), but my DroidX is a lump of buggy junk thanks to Moto,

marleyinoc

Reaction score
I had normal market ... pretty sure up to point where i used tibu market dr. thinking it may help with an issue i had with superuser. (didnt realize there was update fix since app just says if installed on system its your fault. nice chains also added there that as a nice guy he added update fix) anyway. right after market dr i got the white screen in market saying apps would show up there.

Sent from my phone.

sacerdos

Reaction score
Do you have Blackmart installed? I read a post somewhere where it says that program is the culprit. I reformatted both my Thunderbolt and xoom and did not reinstall the program. Market is back. It was ok to use TB as long as I didn't reinstall Blackmart.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DrJay

Reaction score
I am also having this problem. Out of the blue also. Tried all of the usual solutions also no luck. I do think it is a market problem with market app 3.3.11
Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. :(

No blackmart on my phone....

Last edited:

Stefan82

Reaction score
Found a small fix guys, thanks to dark_angel on rootzwiki.com, which is to do the following:

1. Goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

2. Press the "All" tab

3. Find and press "Market"

4. Press "Clear Cache" & " Force Stop" & DO NOT PRESS "Clear Data"

5. Go back to "All" tab

6. Find and press "Google Service Framework"

7. Press "Clear Data" & if you can press "Force Stop"

8. Go back to home screen

9. Open Market, wait for it to fully load

10. Once loaded open "My Apps" & you will get an error

11. Go back to home screen and restart phone

12. Let your phone fully load

13. Once the phone is loaded, open Market, wait for it to fully load

14. Once loaded open "My Apps"

Let me know if this works or what works. It loaded some apps but not all and now I don't have a blank screen in "My Apps"

Will update with more info if I very them all back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

DrJay

Reaction score
Found a small fix guys, thanks to dark_angel on rootzwiki.com, which is to do the following:

1. Goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

2. Press the "All" tab

3. Find and press "Market"

4. Press "Clear Cache" & " Force Stop" & DO NOT PRESS "Clear Data"

5. Go back to "All" tab

6. Find and press "Google Service Framework"

7. Press "Clear Data" & if you can press "Force Stop"

8. Go back to home screen

9. Open Market, wait for it to fully load

10. Once loaded open "My Apps" & you will get an error

11. Go back to home screen and restart phone

12. Let your phone fully load

13. Once the phone is loaded, open Market, wait for it to fully load

14. Once loaded open "My Apps"

Let me know if this works or what works. It loaded some apps but not all and now I don't have a blank screen in "My Apps"

Will update with more info if I very them all

Worked for me. Only 8 apps though....Must be a bug with market 3.3.11

Last edited:

Stefan82

Reaction score
I have noticed it only brings back paid apps.

Also this has to be an issue with Googles Market and/or Google since I can connect with App Brain Market app and get all my market info.

Also my online info for the market says I haven't downloaded anything recently when I have downloaded several apps.

Does the fix I found bring back all apps or paid apps only?

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
OK, I went through the steps shown above and now I see all of my paid apps in the "My Apps" list... so, a partial fix!:icon_ banana:

So why does this "fix" make a difference, but a factory reset didn't make a difference when I tried it a week ago?

Stefan82

Reaction score
My guess is that the fix actually forces a framework update from Google servers. I am not quite sure why it works it just works and we're glad for that now I may have to contact him to see if we can maybe get this resolved about the free apps. There was some information on there to download an update fix through the recovery system but when I attempt to do that it did not work saying that it did not match and was not a valid update for my phone, I think it was an update for the tablet.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I'm confused, I've tried this method a number of times. Each time I use the framework fix and reboot my paid apps show up (no free apps) but just as soon as I back out of "my apps" and immediately return there gone again. So my point is this, you got yours to stay? You leave the market and return and they are still showing up in "my apps"????

Stefan82

Reaction score
Still there after 24 hrs.

OP
MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm confused, I've tried this method a number of times. Each time I use the framework fix and reboot my paid apps show up (no free apps) but just as soon as I back out of "my apps" and immediately return there gone again. So my point is this, you got yours to stay? You leave the market and return and they are still showing up in "my apps"????

Yes, mine appear to be sticking around, even after several times exiting and re-opening the market.

Stefan82

Reaction score
My guess is that the fix actually forces a framework update from Google servers. I am not quite sure why it works it just works and we're glad for that now I may have to contact him to see if we can maybe get this resolved about the free apps.

I wish I knew where to look to see what's going on with free apps.