Ruin it.
Return it.

Repeat.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You forgot two R's between ruin it and return it:

Rationalize to yourself that "it's my phone and I can do what I want and VZW already charges me enough"

Resolve to commit insurance/warranty fraud

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You forgot two R's between ruin it and return it:

Rationalize to yourself that "it's my phone and I can do what I want and VZW already charges me enough"

Resolve to commit insurance/warranty fraud

+1

too bad there isnt anywhere for 2 p's in there

panic on bootloop
post on forum while panicked instead of searching for fix

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
haha yeah verizon could have saved so much money if people would have just searched first...

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Natey2 I'm not sure I understand this. How does rooting & rom-ing correspond to ruining? Or is it just a Off-topic joke or just a blanket statement for self loathing modders?

OP
Natey2

Natey2

Reaction score
Are there any cases of someone, unrooted, bricking their phone by installing an app they found on the official Android Market?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Dunno but there are plenty of cases where there's problems with unrooted stock firmware the manufacturer has no interest in addressing.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Dunno but there are plenty of cases where there's problems with unrooted stock firmware the manufacturer has no interest in addressing.

what sort of problems? I've never heard of a manufacturer not addressing a problem with a stock build. That wouldn't make sense.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope what's wrong with them?

Securing a brighter nba/nhl future via tapatalk

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a miracle that thing can turn on. Has trouble sending/receiving texts without random reboot, won't delete texts, camera turns on randomly & is unusable on command, phantom screen presses, random pocket reboots, pretty much everything.

I have factory reset that phone at least a dozen times & even made her claim a warranty for a replacement. Everything is fine for about a week & then the symptoms start to slowly reappear until it's basically unusable.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a miracle that thing can turn on. Has trouble sending/receiving texts without random reboot, won't delete texts, camera turns on randomly & is unusable on command, phantom screen presses, random pocket reboots, pretty much everything.

I have factory reset that phone at least a dozen times & even made her claim a warranty for a replacement. Everything is fine for about a week & then the symptoms start to slowly reappear until it's basically unusable.

Well yeah, that sounds like it sucks, but come on, that's not exclusive to unrooted stock phones. I get random reboots, and I've been rooted since week 1 of owning my droid. I'm overclocked and I still get lag, and if i dont clear my cache, my overclocked phone slows to a halt to the point of wanting to throw it against a wall. Yours may not, but that doesn't mean everyone experiences the same thing as you...and I know I'm not the only one as there are plenty of threads about problems with custom ROMs in all of the developer sections. Problems from lag, overheating, reboots, lost texts, force closes, etc.

i think its more a limitation of the software/hardware then the OEMs just choosing not to or not caring to address the issue. there's only so much you can do with a droid eris...that thing is a piece of crap, spec wise.

About the thread you linked above, not sure why? not being an idiot, just dont get it. it seems that some people have issues with the OEM update and some don't. same as any custom ROM/kernel combination. Some people get great life and no issues, and another person using the exact same phone/ROM/kernel combo gets reboots all day. Just wondering why you linked that thread, I most probably just missed the point...