Verizon service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
So if I stop paying my bill and not cancel my service will it ruin my credit? Im wanting to switch to sprint had dx since sep of last year.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Lol let em try lol so it will or won't ruin my cred

Reaction score
Yes of course it will. Out will go into collections and be reported on your credit report. Five years ago after my divorce I had my x- wife take her phone off of my plan but apparently I had a final bill sent to her address that she never told me about. Well here I am with a collection and default on my credit report that I never even knew about until it was too late. The worst part is.....it was a bill for less than $50!

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Wow that fd up... Well if they go against there word with contract data then I'm switching n they'll get there money when I get into college lol...

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
If they make everyone pay more for data.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Can Verizon Wireless Change This Agreement or My Service? We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee. Wth? Haha I hope they do this

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Well they could still change it states right there, you think they care, ask they care about is money lol

memnv

Reaction score
they will send your account to collections, and not only will they get what is owed to them for past service, they will also get the early contract cancellation fee which can be a couple of hundred bucks, if you dont pay collections then it goes to a judge and they will garnish your wages. it also shows up on your credit report, if you go this route go to Sprint and transfer your current phone number, that way it cancels your current verizon account.
also they cant change your plan and prices for it, when you are in a contract, but some of the fees can change like the gov't ones, but if you are signed up for 29.99 unlimited data plan, that part wont change

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
I'm just going to sell my phones on ebay to post off early fee should have alil extra left to...

bconne1

Reaction score
I had a craptastic T-Mo flip phone years back. It would randomly go in and out of roaming mode despite me living in a major metropolitan area. My bill came up to $600 one month for roaming fees and I refused to pay. After late fees and the ETF (from telling them to go screw) it was almost a grand.

I got sent to collections and refused to pay them, too. Ultimately we settled on me paying about $45 (what the original bill should have been). I took a very minor hit on my credit which, unless you're an idiot with money or some ghetto loser, didn't impact me at all as my wife and I bought a new vehicle and house with very fair interest rates that same year.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Haha I love this dudes post ghetto loser lmfao.....

FernBch

Reaction score
they will send your account to collections, and not only will they get what is owed to them for past service, they will also get the early contract cancellation fee which can be a couple of hundred bucks, if you dont pay collections then it goes to a judge and they will garnish your wages. it also shows up on your credit report, if you go this route go to Sprint and transfer your current phone number, that way it cancels your current verizon account.
also they cant change your plan and prices for it, when you are in a contract, but some of the fees can change like the gov't ones, but if you are signed up for 29.99 unlimited data plan, that part wont change

What he says is 100% correct, EXCEPT for the garnishment part. That depends on where you live. In Florida, for example, your check can only be garnished for child support or taxes, so my lawyer says. Went through this from an ex wife. She ran up a credit card and they tried to get me to pay. Threatened garnishment. I got a lawyer, he said they can't. Went to court, creditor lost, and went after ex. She HAD to pay because it was HER signature.

I ROFLMFAO

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.