android is so annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

marked9

Reaction score
I just bought it this week, I love the phone for its being run on open source linux. but its so annoying, google is forcing me to use their product. i am not a big fan of gtalk or gmail. i rather use them for my junk purposes. i am not syncing my google account with my phone, still i get the gtalk notifications, it keeps running against my will, i killed the app and still keeps poping up.. very annoying.
and the worst part is, google/motorola forgot to put cross button on application, you start an app and there is no way to end it, cant close it! how silly is that. using a task killer isnt the friendly way.
i do NOT wish to run any of the google service on my phone all the time, only when i want it. i hate the phone being properitery to google. not much apps for yahoo, microsoft and others..!
let ppl use what they like on their phone. if this is not possible then i am gonna get rid of this phone!:mad:

Shad0w325

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the phone, but you should have researched it beforehand.

OP
M

marked9

Reaction score
I rather get root on it and make changes the way I want.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I don't even know what to say here.......:icon_eek:

Briankbl

Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

No offense intended, of course :)

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
I do hate that google is forcing you to use their services .....versus using the ones that you like and know , but , on the otherhand you did buy a GOOGLE phone and u were fully aware of that when they marketed this phone , its not like its a secret or anything. Who knows , maybe yahoo gets smart and they counter this with something better

OP
M

marked9

Reaction score
Thats fine to "Googlize" everything on the phone since google made it. But they should give it with better controls to NOT to make annoying.
I was in a meeting being ok to receive calls and I had the google account on the phone with out sync. not even signed in to gtalk.. and here a guy comes bothering me on gtalk.. messaging me a ton making the phone sound alert over and over since the gtalk service in background.
I mean there is no control on the phone, i cant stop things i dont want, i cant close tasks i dont want. Wouldnt it be nice if they provide "cross button" to close a task, provide option to not to start certain services! Its that a basic need?

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
I dont know what to say.......sounds to me like this really is not the phone for you. You do have 30 days to return this phone. Nothing anyone says on here to defend this phone will change your mind , you have already made your decision.

Slighter

Reaction score
Settings>Applications>Running Services>GTalkService touch to stop. And thanks for the thread

Briankbl

Reaction score
I dont know what to say.......sounds to me like this really is not the phone for you. You do have 30 days to return this phone. Nothing anyone says on here to defend this phone will change your mind , you have already made your decision.

I agree. OP didn't come in here for advice or an opinion...just to vent. Nothing we say is going to change your mind one way or the other.....................but what the hell, this is my last post before going to bed, so I might as well make it count.

HAVE YOU TRIED:

1) Silencing your phone while at work/office so your phone is not ringing and your notification alarms aren't embarrassing you in front of all your coworkers?

2) Either Buy Locale for $9.99 or download FoxyRing for FREE! These apps allow you to create situations in which your phone's settings will automatically be altered. For example: You can set these apps to auto silence your phone when entering a certain GPS location (aka your place of work, office building, church, etc), amongst other cool features.

3) Get a Task Killer! I don't care what anyone says, although I do of course respect everyone's opinion on the matter, but Task Killers really are useful! Some even have auto-kill settings to keep services from opening.

4) When in the GTalk app, amongst other apps, there are usually settings you can set for Notifications. Check and set your settings to your liking. I never use GTalk, but just about every single freaking social app I have ever seen/used has had some sort of Notification settings. Change them!

I don't know what you want us to say. Use some common sense, take a chill pill, and really dig into your phone's settings before you start freaking out. That is all. Goodnight.

mfoshee

Reaction score
um just going out on a limb here... but if you look at the back of the phone... go ahead look... you'll see this little logo... yea its right there... you see it? its says with Google... did you really think (in that small part of your mind that you use for intellectual processes from time to time) they would put that on there if you didnt have to use Google? I'm sorry you don't like Google... i heard they don't like you much either... but if you would like to im sure apple would love you to go get one of their phones or better yet get an iPad too... that way your bound in 2 different ways to at&t... im astonished that you would bother with the time or effort involved in making an account on a DROID forum if you don't want or like your anDROID phone... I, like many others, enjoy my android phone and on the topic of tablet pc's im gonna go with the hp slate when it comes out cuz windows 7 is amazing its running like a top on my 4 year old computer and has never crashed or slowed down once... but go run to apple they want you... on a further note you ever consider its operator malfunction? yes you may be the one that doesnt know how to use a phone... instead of asking for help you come in here to complain... congrats on wasting your time and ours... not that i didnt enjoy this

mjs31

Reaction score
Learn to use the phone or return it. You assumed everything was this way and there is no changing it. One of the most customizable phones ever and you don't ask if something can be changed
Please return it......please please do!

justbob

Reaction score
My Troll detector is going off big time. Let this thread die now, please.

attachment.php

Attachments

• YouWillForget.jpg
    YouWillForget.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 13,591
Status
Not open for further replies.