djstnick

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm hoping that when the DX reaches its scheduled End of Life according to Verizon that they will unlock the bootloader.

Any Link or backup to that?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
By the time I'm ready for my upgrade from my DX, I bet all phones will be on lock down.

I'm hoping that when the DX reaches its scheduled End of Life according to Verizon that they will unlock the bootloader. March 2011, crossing fingers!

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/verizon-end-of-life-dates.png

Also, my next phone will certainly have an unlocked boot-loader. HTC ftw!

Since VZW has nothing to do with the locked bootloader, and once its off the shelf, why would anyone think Motorola would unlock it? Get over it people its locked...will be and all new Moto devices will be as well.

Sent from somewhere...

littlerick

Reaction score
By the time I'm ready for my upgrade from my DX, I bet all phones will be on lock down.

I'm hoping that when the DX reaches its scheduled End of Life according to Verizon that they will unlock the bootloader. March 2011, crossing fingers!

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/verizon-end-of-life-dates.png

i hope they unlock it but i just dont see any reason why they would.

droydhead

Reaction score

I doubt moto will ever unlock the bootloader. They have nothing to gain by doing that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous that they put a phone out running something that is completely open source and then put a lock on it..

Like how hypocritical and seriously if some random company came along making VZW android phones with the same specs and an unlocked bootloader Motorola would find themselves out of the phone market yet again

Raptor007

Reaction score
Hopefully the Nexus S will sneak it's way on to VZW

While the Nexus S may look great, the lack of LED Notifications, no external memory and whatever else Samsung left out has me concerned its just not a great option. Of course its meant for Developers and since its a "Google Phone" that means it will be Bingless (I use Bing, but at my choosing).

Raptor007

Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous that they put a phone out running something that is completely open source and then put a lock on it..

Like how hypocritical and seriously if some random company came along making VZW android phones with the same specs and an unlocked bootloader Motorola would find themselves out of the phone market yet again

Ok, lets play devil's advocate on this. If you brick the phone Moto and managed to get it replaced who takes the financial hit? Motorola does, sure it gets sold as Refurb but its a financial hit.

If someone messes up their phone trying to root it who gets blamed, Moto (most likely).

I don't like the bootloader being locked, but I have to thank all of the great developers and hackers that have made the Droid X what Motorola could not, an even better phone (BlurSucks)

We can't change what they won't give us, so we work around it and get what we can.

If, and I say if the rumblings are true that Google may impose stricter controls on UI and other parts of Android starting in 3.0 we may have other issues to worry about. But there will always be hackers.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well about the locked bootloaders and thr crap that comes preinstalled on moto and other carriers will most likey end..I seen the post about the nexus s release and in it I read that the carriers are noticing that ppl don't want crap pushed to their phones...and for that, they might stop and just give us PURE GOOGLE experience :)

Sent from my DROID2

Sent from my DROID2

pyroelite

Reaction score
Ah it's pretty darn customizable as is (thanks to devs), but fairly soon it will be on to 4g, dual core & some other locked boot loader to worry about... ;-)

& if you're talking about Gingy, it ain't on this phone... we're still getting froyo fixes.

Sent from my DROIDX

doomgazer

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath on that if I were you - unfortunately there's big advertising and partnership dollars in pushing bloatware to the end user. That's why new computers still come preloaded with tons of garbage.

Well about the locked bootloaders and thr crap that comes preinstalled on moto and other carriers will most likey end..I seen the post about the nexus s release and in it I read that the carriers are noticing that ppl don't want crap pushed to their phones...and for that, they might stop and just give us PURE GOOGLE experience :)

Sent from my DROID2

Sent from my DROID2