Getting DX today; question about lockup/reboot issues on custom ROMs

IcyStorm

Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to get a Droid X later today (my Droid's 256MB RAM makes me cry, as much as I love it), and I've been reading up on custom ROMs...

I've noticed that there are freezing/reboot issues with the Droid X when on certain custom ROMs... does this occur for ALL custom ROMs, or just ROMs withour Blur?

elvyrorie

Reaction score
My best friends have the Droid X, and for those guys, the stock rom caused the lag and freeze ups. Once they installed a rom, the freeze ups went away. Liberty rom hangs on occasion, but it's new and the new version should be out soon. Gummy Jar is pretty much stable and awesome. I'm running a DROID2 with Liberty, no problems.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

z06mike

Reaction score
Most freezing/lag is caused by a rogue app. Dont worry about the 256mb RAM. This phone is VERY fast!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mcp770

Reaction score
My friend got his first droid two days ago (droid x). He was rooted and running Rubix the same night and loves it. No reboots, no lock ups, never worry about memory on this phone.

N

Nickchapa

Only way you will run outta ram is if you rerun every app simultaneously. The 256 is more than enough. I run rubix 1.9.7 tried others. Never have I stayed with another other than ruibix for more than a day. Juice makes juiced themes for it any they are phenominal.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea reboots were an issue without a ROM. When Verizon released their sorry for an excuse "fix update" it brought more issues. Right after the 2.3.340 OTA I was getting short boots when plugging into usb and random reboots. Some when the phone was sitting there and some unlocking with slider.

There isn't a flawless ROM out there. They all have some kind of bugs. JMO.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
As others have eluded to or said, buy it and install Rubix or Liberty and you'll be happy. Not perfect, but much better than stock. :)

Boblank

Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong wrong but the x has 512 mb RAM not 256. I think some of you mis interpreted the op.

OP
I

IcyStorm

Reaction score
Hm, I've been experiencing reboots on Liberty 1.5. I hear there's nothing I can do about it so I'm tempted to go back to stock.

XDRDX

Reaction score
I would check your kernel version and make sure it is the 2.3.340 kernel! I had a ton of reboot issues until I switched to the proper kernel version.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
I

IcyStorm

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, it says I'm running 2.6.32.9. I believe I had 340 prior to installing Liberty 1.5 and overclocking using Droid Overclock.