android 2.2 for droid x...?

tawalker42

Reaction score
Okay, there has been a lot of hype about the official release and now its here. For a droidnewbie like myself with a nonrooted phone is it worth it? Im scared to switch to 2.2 with all the talk about new bugs like the screenlock issue and the screen flicker. Some even said their phone has slowed noticably. If its really a better design is there someone in here bored enough to take the time to make a step by step guide to installing 2.2 and how to avoid all the bugs as well as download the necessary updates. Or should i wait until all the issues are worked out?

Technoman

Reaction score
Okay, there has been a lot of hype about the official release and now its here. For a droidnewbie like myself with a nonrooted phone is it worth it? Im scared to switch to 2.2 with all the talk about new bugs like the screenlock issue and the screen flicker. Some even said their phone has slowed noticably. If its really a better design is there someone in here bored enough to take the time to make a step by step guide to installing 2.2 and how to avoid all the bugs as well as download the necessary updates. Or should i wait until all the issues are worked out?

I am having minimal issues with 2.2... in fact no more than I had with 2.1. The battery life is much improved in 2.2, so IMO it is well worth the upgrade.

OP
T

tawalker42

Reaction score
Cool, thanks techno! Now all i need is the droidhead with some spare time to help a newbie get started

zehduck

Reaction score
Just go to settings>about phone>check for updates and the phone will do all the work for you...

OP
T

tawalker42

Reaction score
Yeah, i just noticed some people were saying there were things you needed to do before you download the new software like some settings adjustments, etc. And things to remember about rebooting and what not.

OP
T

tawalker42

Reaction score
Also, how much information will i lose- like apps, etc.?

Jamb

Reaction score
Update went pretty smooth here,I had to reinstall my music player and all else stayed the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalkwe

spider210

Reaction score
Keeping on leaked version 2.3.9 and have no problems what so ever and tons of use from 7am till 10pm and still have 40% battery life.

So much better than 2.1 .....

If people are having issues I suggest ota 2.2 and enter recovery clear cache. Then store to defaults and reactivate phone. Should fix all your problems 2.2 is solid on droid x

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk