Problems with Froyo 2.2 for droid X?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by ggaabe, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ggaabe

ggaabe New Member

I just recently put 2.2 on my phone and am very happy as this has fixed my wifi issues and losing service while sitting in one spot, however I notice now 2 new issues which may be a nuisance.

1. My music no longer automatically goes to the next song once one is done, but worked perfectly with 2.1

2. My computer is unable to find drivers to recognize my phone as "Droid X" and simply recognizes it as a external drive, so syncing with windows media player may but media in the wrong folders, but I imagine there will be drivers once it actually is released by verizon

As far as music goes, I have played around with shuffle and repeating options and nothing seems to work. It just seems to stay on whatever song I select, even after clicking the arrows to go to the next song, every song has to be selected manually. I understand that more likely than not this was "leaked" on purpose so motorola could get some free beta testing out of it. Has anybody else had similar issues or any issues in general with froyo 2.2 though?

EDIT: music issue was fixed by reboot, not sure what caused it

ANOTHER EDIT: I figured out what caused the music issue, for some reason when I use the search function and look for an individual song, and select it, it will be stuck on that individual song, and if I go back to the music list and select another song it will stay stuck on the next song I select, and the only way to get out of the loop is to go back to the music list, click the menu button, and select play all.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. ccomengee86

ccomengee86 New Member

My wifi tethering doesn't work. It starts but it says "Tethering started with errors! Please check 'Show Log'."
    Apparently, it cannot enable access control. This is the only thing that fails.

I do have su and all my other root only apps work just fine.
  3. Amagine

Amagine Member

my usb isn't working.. tried the driver update, no such luck.. else its all good
  4. Nemock

Nemock New Member

MY Market seems to be ridiculously slow. Same after man restarts. Really annoying when you have to click retry on a connection multiple times when a webpage will load perfectly.
  5. Mean Bro Greene

Mean Bro Greene New Member

If this is a recent issue within the last couple hours, it's due to a Market crash/downtime. It was a widespread issue across all devices/carriers. It's actually just now coming back.
  6. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

My battery usage still FC. Other than that no.
  7. Sydman

And i don't have the problem with the music it goes to the next song just fine on shuffle and when I press next.
  8. RPMGSXR

RPMGSXR New Member

I can't believe they did not fix the NO landscape from homescreen or Apps Screen. I HATE THAT!!!!! I mean not enough to go back to my Storm II but I miss a lot of features from my Storm II.
    I want a hard END button.
    I want Landscape to be available from anywhere.
    Better battery life would be nice as well.

I mean all I've noticed as being different in 2.2 is the lock/unlock icons.

Can someone please tell me why I just wasted 6 hours trying to root my phone to load 2.2???
    Am I missing something?? What else is new here??
  9. cincycats51

cincycats51 New Member

The battery life for me with 2.2 is absolutely terrible and I can't stand it...usage for maybe 10 minutes knocks down my battery 10%...
  10. Mule65

Mule65 Member

Sounds like a lot of issues with 2.2 + DX. Now I see why it hasn't been deployed.
  11. jcstarr

jcstarr New Member

If you are using any kind of battery widget, uninstall, reboot, and then try again. I was having the same issue and figured it out. Now no problems since... just an FYI, my battery life is fantastic so far as well.
  12. throwscoach

throwscoach New Member

I don't know man, but I can be in landscape mode anywhere, but I do run LP+ along with Froyo 2.2. I haven't noticed any battery life issues and I searched the web a great deal last night. I plan on putting it to the test today. My main issue is that "handcent" seems to not work quite so well with 2.2. Some of my received message times are strange (received one at 9:10 and it said 4:10...things like that).
  13. lawrence87

lawrence87 New Member

The only issue i have seen so far is that in youtube if your watching a video you can no longer search while watching a video. you can but i graphic glitch happens and you gotta back out of the video. Also when checking my memory its been saying i only have 43mb free. usually after a wipe it goes to 175 but its only goes 2 110. i guess thats another issue but it could be a memory leak in a application thats not compatible with froyo
  14. lawrence87

lawrence87 New Member

Oh and did you notice market now has a update all button. i dont know if its new but i never saw that before and i had to update each app on its own.
  15. Mikey311

Mikey311 New Member

there isn't any adb support for 2.2 droid x yet, but your computer should still read your phone as mass storage device
  16. avt123

avt123 New Member

Only problem I am having is my received messages in Handcent are showing a time four hours behind (Like if it comes in at 8pm, it shows 4pm instead). I'm sure it is just an app problem because my stock SMS app isn't doing this and I have reinstalled Handcent a few times and it only happens in that app. Hopefully there is a fix soon. Otherwise, Froyo has been treating me really well!
  17. yurdle

yurdle New Member

Installed froyo yesterday on mine and my dads phone... we both plan on testing battery life today but he noticed his seemed to be better even yesterday.. i wasn't paying attention.

Scrolling is alot smoother and think seem quicker.
    Flash is great.. though some videos are kinda choppy
    So far I have had no problems at all. I am very happy with it =)
  18. johaBBa

johaBBa New Member

Zero problems here.

Coming from rooted 2.1u1. Now have rooted 2.2. Other than flash I don't see a bunch of new stuff. A couple new widgets. Battery seems better. I have been actively using my phone since upgrading to retrain the battery. Probably not needed, but I thought I'd drain the battery and look for problems. Going on 8 hours of mostly browse usage. 20% left.

I haven't seen any of the issues others have reported on this forum or alldroid.

I mainly just wanted flash. I can't get hulu to work but flash games and apps at fullscreen are smooth once loaded.
  19. ricepuddin

ricepuddin New Member

Im having an issue where when i answer the phone or make a call no one can hear me. As soon as i put speaker phone on they can hear me clear as day.:icon_evil:

How do i go back to 2.1 without clearing my phone again? I don't feel like re downloading everything?
  20. Sydman

No battery widget here, seems to be a sporadic problem sometimes it will FC and some times it won't. Cleared cache, but really don't want to do a restore just for that.