What's worked for my Droid X after 2.2 update

DreadX

Reaction score
I'm sure this isn't anything new to offer, but I had like many, downloaded the 2.2 update onto my Droid X, only to experience many bugs/issues on my phone.
Some of these issues included long long lagging time for uploading my photo albums, music folder artwork lost, freezes, were just a few. I had downloaded 2.2 blindly, not expecting to face these issues.
After trying some quick fixes, I did what I hadn't planned on doing, I did a total factory reset.
And presto, just like that, My phone issues.Gone!
My phone automatically reset to 2.2. factory mode, and since I hadn't unmounted my micro mem card, the pictures were saved. I manually drag/dropped my music from scratch again, and everything is perfect now. My entire photo albums all load at near instant speed, my music plays smoothly, scrolling is once again smoothe, and of course, internet speeds are much much faster than previous. I enjoy having flash on my Droid X, and haven't noticed any effect from it such as lag time in loading. The beauty of android market was that aps I've purchased were still available to download! Kudo's to Android, Motorola, and the big V.
I couldn't be happier with my DX, and my iphone owning friends actually are in awe of this amazing device:motdroidvert:dancedroid

So my point? well, a fresh reset with the download (though my factory reset included 2.2.3 w/ it..) seems to be the best thing to do before you add your touches to your DroidX.
Enjoy!
I have the perfect Phone!
Death to Windows 7 phone...:reddroid:

dapenguin08

Reaction score
So you upgraded to froyo and everything works ok? So you updated your dx and it was lagginh with issues then u reset your dx completely and itself upated to 2.2 and now it works prefect? I have heard so many bad things about it so i haven't upgraded yet, but seems like your opinion is changing my mind. What other improvements besides flash did you get or noticed? Better camera focus? Louder ringer? Overall faster performance? So you haven't noticed anythibg wrong? Camcorder works fine? Sorry for these questions is just that im still afraid to upgrade to froyo, and i just want to make sure it works perfectly. Thank you!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forums and I am glad to hear that you got your X working after the 2.2 update. I have read so many complaints about the 2.2 update. I am going to ask that this thread be moved to the X section in hopes that it may help someone else.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
the response time is better for me
and i note the ringer is a 'tad' louder.
i did my 2.2 upload like 2am and
went smoothly whtin 15-20mins

Barryvabeach

Reaction score
Not to repeat every complaint, but I did a hard reset twice, and still have some issues with 2.2 including I can't have the pattern lock without the slide to unlock, and portrait and landscape modes aren't great - it goes into landscape even when you are holding the phone straight up and down.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
So you upgraded to froyo and everything works ok? So you updated your dx and it was lagginh with issues then u reset your dx completely and itself upated to 2.2 and now it works prefect? I have heard so many bad things about it so i haven't upgraded yet, but seems like your opinion is changing my mind. What other improvements besides flash did you get or noticed? Better camera focus? Louder ringer? Overall faster performance? So you haven't noticed anythibg wrong? Camcorder works fine? Sorry for these questions is just that im still afraid to upgrade to froyo, and i just want to make sure it works perfectly. Thank you!

You should totally update to 2.2. Instead of listening to people complaining about how the OS is not completely perfect. Updates will never be perfect, it's just the nature of the beast (and by beast I mean my BA Droid X dancedroid) Just try it for yourself, you will be happy. There are some small bugs (text message delay, I use handcent and they updated their app to fix this almost immediately, battery manager does FC rather frequently, portrait to landscape is a lot more sensitive than before, but I don't have serious issues with it). Other than that I would say it is good to go.

What other improvements besides flash did you get or noticed? Better camera focus? Louder ringer? Overall faster performance? So you haven't noticed anythibg wrong? Camcorder works fine?

Besides flash?!? Dude, me walking around the mall watching South Carolina just wreck Alabama, is plenty enough for me. Flash is the best.

Camera and Camcorder are better than any other phone I have ever had. Not sure what more you could want in a phone? I do notice that the ringer is quite a bit louder. I used to have the ringer volume up all the way, now I very rarely have it set to the max. Yes, I feel the overall performance is faster, but it was already super quick (speed of light + 2 = still speed of light :))

Don't be scared, homie. It's just part of owning a smartphone. Once you upgrade to 2.2 then you can comment on your own personal experiences and not just rely on others. Just do it.

Edit: I have never done a hard reset. Straight from 2.1 to 2.2

Last edited:

dapenguin08

Reaction score
Yea thanks people, i decided to uodate and it took about 15mins to dl and 5 mins to install, so far eveything is good, seems it works smoother and faster than before, the camera do actually works fine now (before used to had a hard time taking self pics) ... the only bad thing thata i have noticed after a couple of hours after updated, the comma was taken away from the main keyboard( but you can hold the period and there it is! Just annoying you cant tht fast without the shortcut to the comma) other is the fact that my camcorder is not working, when i press red the app closes, weird
. Also i thought the youtube included in the phone was going to be able to play those videos it couldnt play before... but stills the same, and watching videos in the website is kinda laggy and the hd is not seen, nevertheless im still happy with the update... execpt that my camcorder is not workin.. ill research that.

dapenguin08

Reaction score
Update: the camcorder now works fine and also the comma in the keyboard, just that you need to disable the dictation option, so yea everything works fine so far.

OP
D

DreadX

Reaction score

You should totally update to 2.2. Instead of listening to people complaining about how the OS is not completely perfect. Updates will never be perfect, it's just the nature of the beast (and by beast I mean my BA Droid X dancedroid) Just try it for yourself, you will be happy. There are some small bugs (text message delay, I use handcent and they updated their app to fix this almost immediately, battery manager does FC rather frequently, portrait to landscape is a lot more sensitive than before, but I don't have serious issues with it). Other than that I would say it is good to go.

What other improvements besides flash did you get or noticed? Better camera focus? Louder ringer? Overall faster performance? So you haven't noticed anythibg wrong? Camcorder works fine?

Besides flash?!? Dude, me walking around the mall watching South Carolina just wreck Alabama, is plenty enough for me. Flash is the best.

Camera and Camcorder are better than any other phone I have ever had. Not sure what more you could want in a phone? I do notice that the ringer is quite a bit louder. I used to have the ringer volume up all the way, now I very rarely have it set to the max. Yes, I feel the overall performance is faster, but it was already super quick (speed of light + 2 = still speed of light :))

Don't be scared, homie. It's just part of owning a smartphone. Once you upgrade to 2.2 then you can comment on your own personal experiences and not just rely on others. Just do it.

Edit: I have never done a hard reset. Straight from 2.1 to 2.2

Hello, Dread X here,
To answer this thread to Dapenguin08, Yes, I performed a hard set/factory reset on my DX and rebooted clean. Since I have backed up all my pictures, music, purchased apps on my micro card, I basically started with a clean slate.
I should have downloaded 2.2 onto a clean phone to begin with rather than to update the os while still having all that crud on my phone which I belive affected its performance.
A clean factory reset really did help me,and My phone's been awesome since!
Hope it helpsdancedroid

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Update: the camcorder now works fine and also the comma in the keyboard, just that you need to disable the dictation option, so yea everything works fine so far.

No problems with my 2.2 on my stock X.

Thank you for the "disable dictation" as that did bring back my keyboard comma that was annoying.