Android 2.1 w/ SenseUI for Hero OUT NOW (what does this mean for us)

moosc

Reaction score
i just gde home app best ive tried it has endless scrolling u can stretch fade or cube home screens run varies other themes.. i also have beautiful widgets or what ever u call it looks just like the eris screen like the bigger clock. it shows the weather temp big plus in my work p[lus i click takes right to alarms

rlandon

Reaction score
How will the Moto Droid updates be delivered, via automatic push or download?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I feel very lonely in this regard these days, but I for one am GLAD that the Droid has the stock UI. I don't see Sense really bringing anything to the table except lag. There are plenty of widgets that can weather or a "flip clock" I understand why HTC has to shove this on WinMo phones... but it seems so pointless on Android. So what exactly is it that makes people want Sense so much?

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
[video=youtube;7VefAgeo9qE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VefAgeo9qE[/video]

Bad video quality on a slow phone too, but you can see when you have the full screen widget it animates when you slide to it.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
interesting 2.1 video. can't wait to "Have the option" for this on the Droid.. it will fly :)

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
interesting 2.1 video. can't wait to "Have the option" for this on the Droid.. it will fly :)

Its not 2.1 but its senseui..

I just wish we could get a hold of some htc widgets

Search senseui on youtube.. great widgets for bookmarks, emails.. etc

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
isn't the video 2.1 sense ui? which was released as an alpha the other day, and is currently being tweaked by xda developers?

maybe not, nevermind.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
I really like the text widget where he is flipping through them... hope something like that comes out soon. HTC has really done a great job.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Yeah there's a lot of sweet widgets HTC offers.. I wish they could be ported over!

brianr0131

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VefAgeo9qE

Bad video quality on a slow phone too, but you can see when you have the full screen widget it animates when you slide to it.

Ok I have 2 observations about this video and what you like about Sense UI's Weather Widgets.

1. The full screen didn't appear to "animate" so to speak. But rather, it updated when he went to the screen. After a quick movement the picture sat still. He then changed to another city and that one refreshed. Pretty cool but not necessarily animating from what I saw.

2. The home Weather one is screwed. it went from 9:25 to 9:26 to 9:27 in about 8 seconds.

The email "sheets" looked really cool to me. I liked that best.

This stuff will be attainable on Droid once (if) it gets rooted. There will be roms that we can load. I am looking forward to it too.

LordKastle

Reaction score
You'd hope HTC begins to tweak their phones. In the last 2 years they must have developed as many phones as there are flavors of candy and icecream....or more like the number of stars in the sky at night.

This is why I have no faith in devices like the Passion/Dragon, etc. HTC has no reason to put all their effort and heart in to one phone. They can simply produce B+ quality phones and move on. I have been hearing the same thing about HTC phones for the past 2 years.

Kudos to them though..because the sheep will continue to graze.

OP
Z

zfly9

Reaction score
Interesting point...

Still love their widgets!

bakerskater010

Reaction score
Just ordered my Droid from the Verizon site and just to let anyone know that doesnt:

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com. Your order is being processed and is subject to final credit approval. Pre-orders will ship when item becomes available. Customer signature will be required at time of delivery. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order. If you have any questions, contact us at [email protected] . Be sure to include your order reference number.

Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 15 and December 14, 2009 may be returned or exchanged through January 13, 2010. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy continue to apply.

the important part is the Holiday Returns section. so the Passion may be a possibility for a lot of people that dont think it is...