Carrier IQ?!?!?!? what does this mean for us?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I wouldnt worry about it if your rooted. it truly isnt a big deal once you can literally remove any file from the os. Rooted means the rootkit is gone. as for other devices...im not sure. iphone apparently has references to carrier iq but its turned off by default. any rooted device will rule on any brand. just make sure any phone you buy ha at least a couple good devs backing it as thats how youll get root.
Yeah, I'm not worried about it! :icon_ lala:

On a side note... Anyone visited their website? here is a letter stating they don't log keystrokes... http://www.carrieriq.com/Media_Alert_User_Experience_Matters_11_16_11.pdf

RSC450

Reaction score
Anyone want to share how to remove this through liberty ROM. I don't want this lurking on my device.

For those who are rooted, have you found the files on your device yet?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not worried about it! :icon_ lala:

On a side note... Anyone visited their website? here is a letter stating they don't log keystrokes... http://www.carrieriq.com/Media_Alert_User_Experience_Matters_11_16_11.pdf
They clearly lie. Trevor showed the keystokes being logged.and them saying they dont sell your personal data to 3rd parties to me means they have some of my personal data. Tracking tools? lol, trevor said the location feature was turned off and it still logged his location. im not sure if he right but if he is thats another lie. And just as another ramble (if their research team reads this) i have to say the shady area surrounding this is whats turning this whole situation bad. Clearly they are hiding a rootkit.... just becuase you call a duck a chicken doesn't make so. a ducks a duck. o_O Either way, to hide this program and to make it unremovable, uninformative (of the true nature of the program), and the complete lack of opting out makes this program so malicious. its like carrier allowed spyware.
http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/1/2602313/google-nexus-android-phones-and-original-xoom-tablet-do-not-include

[URL]http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/30/2601875/carrier-iq-references-discovered-apple-ios-iphone
[/URL]

dagdoot

Reaction score
Im currently on an OG droid with liquidrom and i checked everywhere and i dont seem to have any trace of carrier IQ. The custom rom must of had it removed.

RSC450

Reaction score
Im currently on an OG droid with liquidrom and i checked everywhere and i dont seem to have any trace of carrier IQ. The custom rom must of had it removed.

I hope so. Im sure Verizon and other carriers know about carrier IQ. Without the option to opt out,that is stealing, personal information at that. Yetverizon doesn't want you "stealing" wireless tether. Seems they are allowing us to have info taken from us unwilling or unknowingly. I could be wrong who knows.

npro1464

Reaction score
I'm running Gingervitus on the TB, does this automatically remove any Carrier IQ crap?

How come news outlets aren't picking this up? They made a big deal when Apple was logging information. Congress really needs to address information collecting through the Internet by private companies. Facebook, Google, Apple, Verizon, and apparently this Carrier IQ track our lives through the internet. IMO, it's an egregious invasion of personal privacy. A line needs to be drawn.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm running Gingervitus on the TB, does this automatically remove any Carrier IQ crap?

How come news outlets aren't picking this up? They made a big deal when Apple was logging information. Congress really needs to address information collecting through the Internet by private companies. Facebook, Google, Apple, Verizon, and apparently this Carrier IQ track our lives through the internet. IMO, it's an egregious invasion of personal privacy. A line needs to be drawn.
gingervitus? Lol, I think your phone ate to much gingerbread and forgot to brush. :p

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

jughead75

Reaction score
According to an article on androidpolice.com this morning NO Verizon Wireless devices have Carrier IQ installed on them.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
According to an article on androidpolice.com this morning NO Verizon Wireless devices have Carrier IQ installed on them.

Josh top from theverge sent a tweet to vzw rep and they responded. They apparently don't use it. Well see how the tests pan out. I believe vz though. I can't see to many carriers blatantly violating peoples privacy like that.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.