Android 2.1 w/ SenseUI for Hero OUT NOW (what does this mean for us)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by zfly9, Dec 2, 2009.

1. zfly9

zfly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah there's a lot of sweet widgets HTC offers.. I wish they could be ported over!

2. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I have 2 observations about this video and what you like about Sense UI's Weather Widgets.

1. The full screen didn't appear to "animate" so to speak. But rather, it updated when he went to the screen. After a quick movement the picture sat still. He then changed to another city and that one refreshed. Pretty cool but not necessarily animating from what I saw.

2. The home Weather one is screwed. it went from 9:25 to 9:26 to 9:27 in about 8 seconds.

The email "sheets" looked really cool to me. I liked that best.

This stuff will be attainable on Droid once (if) it gets rooted. There will be roms that we can load. I am looking forward to it too.

3. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd hope HTC begins to tweak their phones. In the last 2 years they must have developed as many phones as there are flavors of candy and icecream....or more like the number of stars in the sky at night.

This is why I have no faith in devices like the Passion/Dragon, etc. HTC has no reason to put all their effort and heart in to one phone. They can simply produce B+ quality phones and move on. I have been hearing the same thing about HTC phones for the past 2 years.

Kudos to them though..because the sheep will continue to graze.

4. zfly9

zfly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting point...

Still love their widgets!

5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People love shiny.

6. bakerskater010

bakerskater010 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered my Droid from the Verizon site and just to let anyone know that doesnt:

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com. Your order is being processed and is subject to final credit approval. Pre-orders will ship when item becomes available. Customer signature will be required at time of delivery. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order. If you have any questions, contact us at InternetOrders@Verizonwireless.com . Be sure to include your order reference number.

Holiday Returns: All purchases made between November 15 and December 14, 2009 may be returned or exchanged through January 13, 2010. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange policy continue to apply.

the important part is the Holiday Returns section. so the Passion may be a possibility for a lot of people that dont think it is...

7. zfly9

zfly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I wonder if we can get our hands on this since we just got 2.1 working.

8. LordKastle

LordKastle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Baker...too bad there is no Nexus/Passion for Verizon, unless of course you plan on canceling your service and moving to T-Mobile out of convenience.

9. Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My wife has the Eris and of course it's very nice, but apparently I'm just not one of those that are just drooling over SenseUI. It's ok, I guess.

10. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm with you. A skin that bloats the system, slows things down and offers no real benefit outside some supposed eye candy. eh...Just give me a working 2.1 and I am happy.

Search tags for this page

htc location picker