Carrier IQ?!?!?!? what does this mean for us?

androidweirdo

Reaction score
More on Carrier IQ | xda-developers

above is an article on carrier IQ and what it is BUT what does it mean for us rooted users? are we free of this exposure? because me personally i like my privacy and NOT want verizon etc. knowing everything about me and yes i know it says i can opt out but they will still collect information without your knowledge. So my question is, is there a way we can keep them from collecting information?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your rooted you can remove it. No big deal if your rooted, its the nonrooted phones that need to watch out.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, turning it in a sales pitch for iphone is funny. rofl. i bet since this issue has come to light well see someone important bark about it and then itl be removed or at least made aware of on phones.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've watched the video he created, its quite impressive, and by impressive, I mean terrifying.

He is only using an HTC Evo 4G in the video, but he doesn't go much into anything about other android phones.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you've watched the video he created, its quite impressive, and by impressive, I mean terrifying.

He is only using an HTC Evo 4G in the video, but he doesn't go much into anything about other android phones.
I watched it, and showed it to a family member. lol Good to know the president could not have an htc device.

merpaderp

Reaction score
The real question is, should I keep my phone unrooted so I can get in on this class action lawsuit... dancedroid

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The real question is, should I keep my phone unrooted so I can get in on this class action lawsuit... dancedroid
lol, i was thinking about that. you know their is a lawyer out their teats just looking for something as big as this to come along.

Diab210

Reaction score
Is this something removed by the rom developer or something you need to deactivate from the rooted user end?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bet its removed by devs but just in case the rooted user might have to do it to.

Sent from my Nukem using the Duke.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
What does it mean for me? I'm not sure... Big Brother is Watching! I don't think I'll say what I'll do, I don't want them heading me off at the pass! xD dancedroid

So he said it's not just a problem with HTC phones, so what other phones have it and where is the info going??? :angry:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does it mean for me? I'm not sure... Big Brother is Watching! I don't think I'll say what I'll do, I don't want them heading me off at the pass! xD dancedroid

So he said it's not just a problem with HTC phones, so what other phones have it and where is the info going??? :angry:
I wouldnt worry about it if your rooted. it truly isnt a big deal once you can literally remove any file from the os. Rooted means the rootkit is gone. as for other devices...im not sure. iphone apparently has references to carrier iq but its turned off by default. any rooted device will rule on any brand. just make sure any phone you buy ha at least a couple good devs backing it as thats how youll get root.