Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

just got the update
downloaded it
it installed
when it went to restart, window came up that
some process wasnt working. clicked window to wait on process
window went away, but update never installed
where do i look for it? how do i even know i got it?

EZ way is to go into your settings menu and select "about phone". If it says "Firmware version 2.1-update1" you got it.

It's a subtle update, it doesn't have anything that jumps out and grabs your attention like the last one where it turned the green arrow unlock from a curve to a straight line.

I kind of miss the curve. :(

yep i found it
i have it

so far have seen pinch/zoom
live wallpaper

went to look in my gallery, says application isnt installed ????

still checking things out

thanks for the response
tony

Just got my 2.1 this morning in Arlington, TX. Awsome, I love the changes to gallery. By the way, the gallery icon has been updated as well. Delete the one on your home scheen, pull up your icon shutter and drag and drop the new one to your home. It looks just like the old one.

I just received the 2.1 update this morning. Went throught the tutorial on google goggles that looks pretty cool. Haven't done anything else yet! Dog :motdroidhoriz:

Just got my 2.1 this morning in Arlington, TX. Awsome, I love the changes to gallery. By the way, the gallery icon has been updated as well. Delete the one on your home scheen, pull up your icon shutter and drag and drop the new one to your home. It looks just like the old one.

Your right the changes to gallery are awesome! Dog

I got the same msg about the gallery. Here's what I did. I checked the main apps drawer and noticed there was no gallery app. So I dragged my gallery shortcut icon into the trash. The gallery app then reappeared in the drawer and I was able to open it. Then you can make a new shortcut.

Same here wih the gallery..trashed the one I had on the home screen..Dragged the new one on..Works great..Love the live wallpapers as for pinch zoom..about damn time !

Just got my update this morning....indiana!!! My friend got hers yesterday, neither one of us can get Google Earth. It does not show up in the market. Is this a bug?

Had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got up this morning. Love the new gallery, the picasa integration is great. Haven't experienced any lagginess like some report, but I know of a friend who is having issues with his 2.1 update. He has done a reset, but it hasn't solved everything.

Got my OTA update notification when I woke up this morning, updating now. Still no flash though, weaksauce.

I got my update this morning... It took about 7 minutes from download to reset.

System using 2.1 update 1.

Will have to check and see what changes there are.

I am visiting in South Carolina, but from Mississippi.

Does location matter?

msblueline

I got my update this morning... It took about 7 minutes from download to reset.

System using 2.1 update 1.

Will have to check and see what changes there are.

I am visiting in South Carolina, but from Mississippi.

Does location matter?

msblueline

No. Location has nothing to do with the update, it's random.

Back