Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Nopetize

Reaction score
Got my update on the 2nd...Everything was perfectly smooth. Noticed that the pinch zoom didn't work in browser...but just checked it tonight and it was working. Love that update!!! Wonder what update2 will unfold????

FoxZia

Reaction score
Just one question... do you still have the 3G showing in the tile bar?

It was just a question. But if I were you...I would keep an eye on 3G because the 3G system is growing. It is possible that the traffic is busy right now because of the "new" 3G that people have been demanding and is still demanding.

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Anybody that received the update notice get it to download yet? For tonight I mean!!

FoxZia

Reaction score
Got my update on the 2nd...Everything was perfectly smooth. Noticed that the pinch zoom didn't work in browser...but just checked it tonight and it was working. Love that update!!! Wonder what update2 will unfold????
From my understanding, if you use a mobile website like www.m.whatever.. notice the "m", the pinch zoom wouldn't work. You have to use the real websites in order to pinch zoom.

jcrome04

Reaction score
pinch/zoom DOES NOT work on the google home page ;)

Mine DL'ed flawlessly. Frame rate may be a bit off :(

Nopetize

Reaction score
From my understanding, if you use a mobile website like www.m.whatever.. notice the "m", the pinch zoom wouldn't work. You have to use the real websites in order to pinch zoom.

Hey...thanks for that tip..will definitely pay closer attention to the sites that default to mobile from now on!

hodgewdm

Reaction score
guess i can't post pictures...still stuck in download screen...Any luck for anyone else??

FoxZia

Reaction score

Hey...thanks for that tip..will definitely pay closer attention to the sites that default to mobile from now on!
Don't thank me. I learned that from someone else..I wish I remember who gave that information; I just pass on the information. But it does apparently do that way. And you're welcome.

anewday

Reaction score
Got the ota update today. Not many major changes, the voice to text is very accurate. :D

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Update is everything I expected...I was ro*!$d with cyanogen mod so I have been playing with all the upgrades for a while...very cool 2.1!!!!!!! Still love swype for the keyboard though!!

theonuts

Reaction score
finally! probably the hundreth time i went and checked to see if it was up to date, it finally showed there was an update available. downloading now...

plazma

Reaction score
just got it

just got the update
downloaded it
it installed
when it went to restart, window came up that
some process wasnt working. clicked window to wait on process
window went away, but update never installed
where do i look for it? how do i even know i got it?