Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

gmack35

Reaction score
woke up this morning around 3:30am, noticed phone was blinking red led and showing low battery warning, even though it was plugged in. unplugged and replugged and instantly went back to 100%. checked system updates in settings and it was downloading the ota and seemed to be stuck around 75% done. was considering whether to pull battery, but it eventually finished within about 30 minutes after i noticed it. then i got the popup to install and it worked fine. no problems.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Got my OTA update notification when I woke up this morning, updating now. Still no flash though, weaksauce.

Yes, it's weaksauce when an update doesn't add software made by some company other than the one doing the update.

appdaddy

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and it was there! Did a factory reset so it would go in clean: ) loving it. I miss overclocking though... Heard Chevy has a rom out for it already.... Guy's a beast/relentless.... lol might check that out.

myco72

Reaction score
Happy Easter! Got my update this morning (it had taken 10mins to update). My Gallery icon did not work at first, but now it does. It had taken out 30 mins just for the Gallery to update itself to the new look, and it still updates when I go into a folder. I like the tilt feature for the Gallery, and I REALLY like the slide to the next pic!!!

frankb333

Reaction score
Just recieved my update to 2.1 , I see they added to new apps to the phone. Goggles, News and weather. Also Gallery has changed. You will find out when activated.

BigNunz6

Reaction score
so I got it also....when I go to gallery it says "application not installed " where the hell are all my pics??

indee2025

Reaction score
Hmmm

Okay,

So I have had the DROID a total of about 12 days after kiling my contract with At&t and dumping my iphone...no regrets.

I was excited to hear that even more developments were on there way via the 2.1 update (mostly happy about the voice button on all virtual keyboards).

I have looking and wondering when it would happn to me and PRESTO! last night around 1 am I hear "Drrrroooiiidd" and there is the update (in FL don't know if that matters.)

I clicked to download and went to sleep, only to wake up to pretty much the same phone from yesterday. I was happy to see the voice button was on the virtual keyboard and the live wallpapers are pretty impressive (though not my style) but there was no spiffy new task menu, I already had google goggles (which works about 50% of the time and mostly on books) and I had USA Today so I didnt care much for the news widgets, other than that they just added a spiffy new look to my gallery (displays vertically and blurry in background).

When I checked the firmware it said version 2.1 + update 1 and I did not know if that is any different than folks who got the 2.1 or 2.1-update 1......just strange to see that the changes appear very minimal. Also there is no slowing down of my Droid either so I'm not sure what all the rage is about.

metsnfins

Reaction score
Yea i finally got it Internists by speaking into my phone Let's see if it works

JimmyD

Reaction score
so I got it also....when I go to gallery it says "application not installed " where the hell are all my pics??

I'm guessing you have a shortcut to your Gallery app on the home screen of your Droid, right?

If so, that shortcut icon is looking for the old version of the Gallery app. Delete that Gallery shortcut icon from your homescreen and create a new shortcut to the new Gallery.

That's what I had to do to correct the same issue. :)

I hope this helps and Happy Easter! 2.1 has risen.

theonuts

Reaction score

I'm guessing you have a shortcut to your Gallery app on the home screen of your Droid, right?

If so, that shortcut icon is looking for the old version of the Gallery app. Delete that Gallery shortcut icon from your homescreen and create a new shortcut to the new Gallery.

That's what I had to do to correct the same issue. :)

I hope this helps and Happy Easter! 2.1 has risen.

i had the same problem. but it wouldnt let me delete the old shortcut first. i had to pull the new shortcut out of the app drawer then delete the old shortcut.