Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

camrydad

Reaction score
Got my moto droid on Friday 4/2 around 10am. Just got noticed to update to 2.1 at 9:30 pm tonight (4/3). I'm in So Cal. So far nothing substantial, but I think we didn't really expect too much.

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I finally got mine this morning....some interesting things with the wall papers and I really like the new gallery. The update itself took less than 5 minutes.

hodgewdm

Reaction score
mine doesn't seem to be downloading...i have the android update 2.1 screen but the bar is just the grey and white scrolling not turning yellow....??

FoxZia

Reaction score
I do understand that you prefer to post it in case someone find this post which I am sure people would appreciate including me... but it's 236 + pages already. I highly doubt that people would read through page after page to find your solutions. Perhaps, creating a new thread somewhere in a proper thread... but I am newbie here too.

1) Where is the normal setting?

2) Where is the configuration?

On my droid even before I got the update, there's no application "listed" in my application list. It will only appear in Setting, Application. The Helix is just there. I hope I make sense. I am not the only one who can't find the settings; commenters on the Market for Helix also complained.

I know you have to download the app first and then run it. It will give you the choice to choose the factory home or the Helix. Obvs you want Helix. Then on the actual phone on the bottom there, see the 4 lines option to press? The second button there in the black hard area. That will open a lil menu. You'll see "add" "wallpaper" then "configure". That is where you wanna hit, then you'll see the rest of what I said above about going to the first option "Screen Size". :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I got it. But before I understood, I made few mistakes and had to un & re install it to get it working.... because once I clicked the "sub selection" under the 4 lines and click on a wrong button, the 4 lines button somehow automatically default themself and the configuration is gone. That caused me to un-install and re-install. That is something Helix need to fix....and <ahem> Motorola/Verizon, too. I don't know if I make sense above. But it's working. Wow! I love Helix! My favorite wallpaper from an application "Backgrounds" by Stylem Media wasn't altered at all! The Home++ application caused double wallpapers which made me uninstall that Home thing. I like to keep my "personal" wallpaper "intact". Now, I will bookmark this page and refer to my Droid friends to follow your instructions.

To the Helix Dev., please do a revision on instructions on how to get your application working. Otherwise, you'll get complaints. I was one of them and I added 1 (one) star to your "Rate It" review.

Chromas, ....a hint: don't remove the quotes whenever you're replying to.

Thanks again!

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen the file download, or did you turn you phone on and it was already to go. Sure seems like it is taking forever to download...Does it go faster with Wi Fi on or off???

chromashadows

Reaction score
nothing here yet in chicago burbs but it's fine. when it gets here it gets here but I'm not in a hurry to upgrade just yet like I said earlier. wanna get used to this version first so Iappreciate the new upgrade more. :icon_ banana:

hodgewdm

Reaction score
Maybe we are in queue status with the google server or something. They might push 200000 but only be able to download so many at a time???

yyhh94

Reaction score
My download just stopped again so i just pushed download again....