Amazon wireless $0.01 Droid Razr one day sale!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Unfortunately that's for new contracts only. It's $99 for an extension. My wife is due for a upgrade soon. I'll wait for a bit to see what comes out. She's using my old dinc2 so she's fine for now.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Caesars

Reaction score
It's so comical to me that Verizon Pays more commison to third party resalers for new service. At least if I go to a new carrier every time I get a good deal.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This just increases my thoughts if what's going on.... there has to be something big on the way. They're clearing out razrs, so that makes me thing that the next big thing is around the corner. I could very well be wrong. Also there's no telling how big the corner is either lol

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's so comical to me that Verizon Pays more commison to third party resalers for new service. At least if I go to a new carrier every time I get a good deal.

You might think that, but I believe they are getting the same commissions as they retain themselves. The difference here is that I'll bet Amazon.com (along with other Authorized Agents) is hoping to get you to buy other things while there, such as phone accessories, not to mention impulse purchases, strengthen the relationship with their customers, gain new "foot traffic", and increase marketshare. My bet is they are considering this sale a sort of "loss leader" although I do doubt they are taking a loss.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It always kills me that NEW customers get these killer deals. Meanwhile, those of us who have been loyal to Verizon for years can't catch a break on phone pricing at all.

Where were these killer $0.01 phones when I started service with Verizon back in the v710 days? I remember paying $299.99 for that phone with a NEW 2 year contract.

Nothing like one-way loyalty.

rherron

Reaction score
If I wasn't grandfathered for unlimited data I would jump back and forth between carriers every two years whenever deals like this pop up. There are a couple of carriers in Columbia, SC with quality coverage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It always kills me that NEW customers get these killer deals. Meanwhile, those of us who have been loyal to Verizon for years can't catch a break on phone pricing at all.

Where were these killer $0.01 phones when I started service with Verizon back in the v710 days? I remember paying $299.99 for that phone with a NEW 2 year contract.

Nothing like one-way loyalty.

So true. Whatever happened to rewarding the "loyal customers"? It's all about "new activations".

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So true. Whatever happened to rewarding the "loyal customers"? It's all about "new activations".

Especially since us loyal customers now have to pay $30 for the right to get a new phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:

It seems that's gone out of style. At least it appears it has. Everything is about numbers...... surgical stats, records sold, new customers, units sold, satisfied customers....... ohhhhhh wait....delete that^^^ lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
From what I understand, andx this is after talking to the girl who sold me my blue razr. She said that Verizon is starting to phase out the razr's that are not as hot sellers as they thought it would be, starting with the Purple...the blue razr supersedes that one. According to her, she also said that the prices are dropping to try and force more sales as it has been lacking compared to the maxx. So its a way to create hype and sales from other phones that have been doing better