Amazon drops the price of the RAZR to $.01

iverigma

Reaction score
this is crazy. I just bought it on the Amazon's $111.11 deal and though I got a great deal....until now

does anybody know I can ask for price adjustment in this situation and ask for refund?

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
That's the problem for us that jump on new products. And, I'll do it again......:icon_ devil:

wolstonc

Reaction score
Amazons terms are that you cannot downgrade your service for 181 days. You have to keep the hotspot

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mthorn79

Reaction score
If I bought the Razr on the day it was released on the 11th I'm technically still in the 14 day return period, can't I just return to Verizon & order this online & keep my number somehow?

triplejnj

Reaction score
Crazy how upgrades have to pay $230 more! If I didn't have to give up my unlimited data plan, I would gladly open a new line and get a new number!

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
Crazy how upgrades have to pay $230 more! If I didn't have to give up my unlimited data plan, I would gladly open a new line and get a new number!

Switch to a family plan add a line, have Verizon switch the Razr to you OG number and have them put a dummy phone on the news line! You pay $9. 99 a month and then activate the Razr on you OG number you keep unlimited as far as I know and you get a $299 phone for 240 paid over 2 years!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Switch to a family plan add a line, have Verizon switch the Razr to you OG number and have them put a dummy phone on the news line! You pay $9. 99 a month and then activate the Razr on you OG number you keep unlimited as far as I know and you get a $299 phone for 240 paid over 2 years!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Almost...

There is a stip that the PHONE NUMBER issued with the new line must remain on the phone for 181 days or you pay Amazon.com $250 to offset the cost of the phone. So for me, I have a family plan with 2 data packages (both unlimited). On Amazon, you;

Add a line (new contract)

• To my family account

and on the next screen you choose;

• Keep my existing unlimited data plan $29.99
Then you get the Droid RAZR for $0.01 (TOTAL COST, NO TAX, NO FEES).

You must keep the phone line active and with NO PLAN CHANGES for 181 days or pay Amazon.com $250 in penalty. You must ALSO keep the phone line active on your Family Plan for 24 months, or pay $350 minus $10 for each month already passed as a termination fee.

So at the end, you get a Droid RAZR on a new number, keep your old data plan (Unlimited $29.99/month), reduce your existing phone line to $10 per month (in other words, drop the data plan on that line), and put a beater phone on it, and for the $10 per month you'll pay on the beater phone over the next 181 days, you get to use the NEW Droid RAZR as your main phone (with the new phone number). Then when 181 days has passed, you swap ESNs to the phones and get your old phone number back on the Droid RAZR and give the beater phone the new number, and you have paid one penny and $10 per month over 24 months for a RAZR!

I've confirmed all of the above with VERIZON and Amazon.com through several alternating phone calls and with supervisors involved.

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ lala:

UPDATE!! My wife stated the obvious...use call-forwarding from your old phone number to the newly activated Amazon phone number, then you'll still get all calls! Once the 181 days is up, kill call-forwarding and swap ESNs. Sometimes WOMEN can see things so much clearer than us one-track-mind guys....:blink:

Last edited:

nateohio

Reaction score
Almost...

There is a stip that the PHONE NUMBER issued with the new line must remain on the phone for 181 days or you pay Amazon.com $250 to offset the cost of the phone. So for me, I have a family plan with 2 data packages (both unlimited). On Amazon, you;

Add a line (new contract)

• To my family account

and on the next screen you choose;

• Keep my existing unlimited data plan $29.99
Then you get the Droid RAZR for $0.01 (TOTAL COST, NO TAX, NO FEES).

You must keep the phone line active and with NO PLAN CHANGES for 181 days or pay Amazon.com $250 in penalty. You must ALSO keep the phone line active on your Family Plan for 24 months, or pay $350 minus $10 for each month already passed as a termination fee.

So at the end, you get a Droid RAZR on a new number, keep your old data plan (Unlimited $29.99/month), reduce your existing phone line to $10 per month (in other words, drop the data plan on that line), and put a beater phone on it, and for the $10 per month you'll pay on the beater phone over the next 181 days, you get to use the NEW Droid RAZR as your main phone (with the new phone number). Then when 181 days has passed, you swap ESNs to the phones and get your old phone number back on the Droid RAZR and give the beater phone the new number, and you have paid one penny and $10 per month over 24 months for a RAZR!

I've confirmed all of the above with VERIZON and Amazon.com through several alternating phone calls and with supervisors involved.

:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ lala:

UPDATE!! My wife stated the obvious...use call-forwarding from your old phone number to the newly activated Amazon phone number, then you'll still get all calls! Once the 181 days is up, kill call-forwarding and swap ESNs. Sometimes WOMEN can see things so much clearer than us one-track-mind guys....:blink:

Not true, I did exactly what they are suggesting with the bionic a few months ago. Added a new line, and got the Bionic for .01. When I recieved the phone I activated it on the added line and then went into a verizon store to get a new sim and have it switched onto my line the same day. Then I put a "dumbphone" on the added line and canceled the data service, keeping the line itself open.

Unless something has changed in their policy (it hasn't, I just checked) you can do this without penalty as long as you keep the line open (No data service needed for that line) Both according to the written policy and the amazon wireless rep I spoke with over the phone

Last edited: