Are amazon droid razr legit w/ factory warranty?

rvander1

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but i couldnt find the answer with a search. Verizon says that there is no factory warranty with motorola droid razr when purchased from Amazon. The price is right at $229, but I want the factory warranty. Whats up?

Verizon also said i can't buy insurance thru them if i buy the phone at amazon, but i don't care/don't want their insurance.

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Caesars

Reaction score
They tried telling me that on my x2, I just assumed they use it as as copout to send you directly to motorola. I'm sure Verizon doesn't like swapping out inventory on high demand phones.

DROID RAZR MAXX

DREAMBROTHER

Reaction score
If you buy a new Droid Razr Maxx from Amazon Wireless you still have the 1 year warranty from Motorola. If there is a problem with the phone after "normal" use you can take it into your Verizon store and get a new or maybe refurbished phone for no cost.

Amazon Wireless also offers the Total Equipement Coverage, which is the same as from Verizon. This is from the 3rd party company Asurion in my experience. This "Total Equipement Coverage" includes the 3rd party insurance and an extended manufacturer's warranty as long as you are paying.

AmazonWireless

OP
R

rvander1

Reaction score
Thanks!

Exactly what i needed to know-- buying from amazon at $229 on May 1 (when the verizon price for the razr will be $328!!
Bob

DREAMBROTHER

Reaction score
I did the same. I was hesitant to get it from there but everything worked smoothly for me.

You also have a 30 day limited warranty from amazon wireless. Not that you expect to, but also remember that there is an amazon early termination fee, in addition to the early termination fee from Verizon, should you cancel your service within 181 days.

AmazonWireless

devdeuce

Reaction score
The screen went funky on my first razr from Amazon after a week and I had no problems getting a replacement from Amazon

There is no spoon

BoscoeTuna

Reaction score
I purchased my razr for a penny through Amazon Mobile because of a black friday sale they had on them. I have had several issues (on phone #4) and have had no issues with a replacement instore, on line or through assurion.

surge

Reaction score
I tried to get Verizon to lower their price by telling them I could get the Razr Maxx from Amazon for $229. They wouldn't budge. I then went to Best Buy and told them the same. They matched the price. I bought two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

devdeuce

Reaction score
I tried to get Verizon to lower their price by telling them I could get the Razr Maxx from Amazon for $229. They wouldn't budge. I then went to Best Buy and told them the same. They matched the price. I bought two.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I tried talking to Verizon about Amazon and they pretended they had never heard of them and told me to buy from then at my own risk???

There is no spoon

rlstjohn

Reaction score
How about activating these phones if you already have an active VZ phone? Do you need to deactivate one and take the other to VZ or can this all be done without going into a VZ store?

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I activated mine at home. I forget the process I took (got my phone mid-December), but Amazon does send activation instructions.