Amazing new music player for Droid!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Downloading now. The OP lists in the feature list that it is free. It looks like that lasts until 3/23/2010 when the beta gets pulled and all dev work stops on the beta version. There is a payed version for 1.49 US. Thanks for the OP, Rec08!

cj5182

Reaction score
Amazing new music player for droid

What is the name of this music player and how can I get it?

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
Nice find man! I too am not a fan of the iPhone look.... but damn good player... skinning and Bluetooth controls will make it my exclusive music app.

brochaos

Reaction score
looks nice, i agree that i probobly wont keep it couse it looks like apple but whatever,

skinning would be amazing

one problem is the dev is goin to get sued, just sayin

yea, if he just copied the apple appearance, he will be getting a C&D from apple's lawyers for sure.

anyways, it is pretty nice. used it the past 2 days and liked it better than stock. never used mixzing. sucks that now i gotta pay for it though lol.

Riley

Reaction score
I upgraded to the paid version, he updated it so it reads all album art you already have in your existing library as well as downloading missing stuff, Good stuff!

faxman75

Reaction score
I decided about 3 weeks ago to give up my ipod and stick to my droid. I had a 30gb ipod and for the longest time I felt I needed to upgrade to 120gb. I listen to music all day at work and i'm not a casual music fan but more of a music geek so the music player is important to me.

That said i've tried tunewiki and mixzing or whatever it was and both of those programs didn't do anything for me. I also listen to Stern daily.

I use astro play for stern so I can book mark and go back to where I was. I have gone back to the stock player because it seems smoother and the others were missing simple features I enjoy like selecting an individual artist and shuffling just those songs. In the other players I found I had to create playlists and then shuffle the playlist. There was always more steps. Being an ipod lover for the past couple years I wondered how hard it was going to be to have half as much music on my player and no longer have my ipod. All I can say is I love it. I plug my droid into my PC nightly to put a new Stern show on anyway so switching out an album or two on occasion is hardly a hassle to me.

In my opinion the stock player is better than all of the apps i've tried. Whether they were glitchy on occasion or didn't suite my needs or caused me to add steps to get the players to do what I wanted after owning my phone for 2 months I am back to the stock player and I love it. It seems to work the best for my needs. I don't want something that looks or feels like an ipod, I can see why that appearance would make people more comfortable but I don't think it's any better than the stock player.

Also, from what i recall seeing the stock player is going to be updated in the firmware upgrade so I'm sure whatever new features it has will make it even better.

The one thing I did like about tunewiki was the lyric syncing. The only problem is that was buggy and whether or not it found the lyrics was hit or miss. I hate when there is a lack of consistency. Another reason i'm back to the stock player.

Sal R.

Reaction score
No BT headset control is a deal breaker. Too bad too. I was diggin it.

faxman75

Reaction score
No BT headset control is a deal breaker. Too bad too. I was diggin it.

Does that mean you can't control the volume when you are wearing BT headphones? Can you do this with the stock player?

faxman75

Reaction score
What developer? I'm more curious about controlling volume with the stock player and some of the net radio apps like droid live lite and astro play.

I have BT headphones coming and it would suck if I couldn't change the volume on the programs I use.

dima1109

Reaction score
I don't understand these app makers copying Apple designs, like this one, various text messaging applications, etc. Seriously people, why don't you make a unique design instead of blatantly ripping from the main competitor?

micp1480

Reaction score
I apologize if I am wrong, but there appears to be a limitation as to what you can listen to. I wanted to see if this program can bring up the Beach Boys, and I got, no can do. I typed in several songs, and I got, no can do. So, how far back can you listen too is my question?

MICP1480